Thread: High CRP, eye weirdness

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default High CRP, eye weirdness

Hi folks,

Well CRP is on the rise. Currently at 60, no idea where it's coming from. What do your guys CRP normally rest at?

My eyes are all wonky too. No idea what the heck is going on, I feel like I want to rub them all the time because they seem to be weird.

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My CRP from last test on the 9th was 2. Normal for me is under 10 and even 0 at times.

What do you mean by wonky eyes?

How do you feel overall? What are your current and new symptoms? What does your doc say? Though you know I don't put too much faith in your doc. I will still bug you to go see my former Wegs Expert in Yarmouth. You may even be able to see him in Halifax as he has family there.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My last CRP was 10.5. 60 would concern me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am usually in mid normal range unless I have an infection that needs treatment. The CRP helps doctors evaluate my need for an antibiotic along with my other symptoms since the infection site or type is usually rather apparent. My most common infections have been bladder, sinus, ear, and bronchitis and all resulted in elevated CRP and WBC.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My last CRP was 3 - it is usually under 10. In April when I was flaring it was up at 17 - by no means really high but the evidence of flare was definitely there and I was starting to feel rubbish again, with severe joint pain and skin rashes in evidence. RTX has really knocked it on the head - pred was boosted at the time but is already down to 5mg per day and will be zero in a month if all goes well! I am not sure how sustainable that will be, but time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine usually stays steady at 4 !I can't believe yours is that high !! What did your doc. say ?
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doc doesn't know what to think. The lowest mine has ever gone is like 13 - past few months it's been about 35 ish but I guess now it's 60.

Noticing some pain this evening... Feel like my body is "bruised" and it hurts even when I don't move. Nowhere near being debilitating, but definitely not normal for me. However, I did have a really busy/physically demanding day.

I am not really showing any signs of flaring to be honest... It's a bit of a mystery.

However I am having some short term memory loss and mild cluelessness/forgetfullness. Also having some issues with unfocused vision and trouble concentrating, however... Judging by what I have found on google searches, this could be caused by Imuran. Could be, might be, who the hell knows... :P

I go see my family doc at the end of Oct. I know that seems crazy; but serious shortage of Doctors here in Atlantic Canada and wait times are insane. There is always emergency if something crazy happens; but I feel pretty good other than what I mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine usually is around 7.5 and ESR is about 30 and my family dc an nefro are not worried about it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    I am usually in mid normal range unless I have an infection that needs treatment. The CRP helps doctors evaluate my need for an antibiotic along with my other symptoms since the infection site or type is usually rather apparent. My most common infections have been bladder, sinus, ear, and bronchitis and all resulted in elevated CRP and WBC.
    What is CPR and WBC, I never know what you guys are talking about because you all use abbreviations. I am so out of it here in Spain all I get is my regular analysis and now I am having kidney analysis. I don't hear about any of these drugs and what they are used for. I am just on Prednesone 30 mg at the moment. I wish I could understand more of what you are talking about.
    My blog: Animo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carriej22 View Post
    Doc doesn't know what to think. The lowest mine has ever gone is like 13 - past few months it's been about 35 ish but I guess now it's 60.

Noticing some pain this evening... Feel like my body is "bruised" and it hurts even when I don't move. Nowhere near being debilitating, but definitely not normal for me. However, I did have a really busy/physically demanding day.

I am not really showing any signs of flaring to be honest... It's a bit of a mystery.

However I am having some short term memory loss and mild cluelessness/forgetfullness. Also having some issues with unfocused vision and trouble concentrating, however... Judging by what I have found on google searches, this could be caused by Imuran. Could be, might be, who the hell knows... :P

I go see my family doc at the end of Oct. I know that seems crazy; but serious shortage of Doctors here in Atlantic Canada and wait times are insane. There is always emergency if something crazy happens; but I feel pretty good other than what I mentioned.
    I am having problems with short term memory loss and problem with vision and I don't take Imuran.
    My blog: Animo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast