Thread: How to know when you're having a flare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default welcome weggie

Hi Summer,
    You've found the right place for a world of info and not only that......
    make sure you visit this site on even your worst days because people on here have a sense of humor and somewhere, somehow they can make you smile.
    Just live day by day for now and know that things WILL get better.
    It sounds like you are in good hands as far as the Dr"s and the treatment.
    As far as a flare up, you'll know. It is different from just having a bad day and doesn't go away without help.
    Sometimes I check into the forum just to see what people are talking about.
    Most of the time it is helpful info but more times it is just people from all over with something in common that bonds us together like the infammatory and immune suppressant drugs we have to take.
    Best Wishes to you and hope you have many good days!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you!
    Summer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joint pain and myscle pain is my first clue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how to start a new thread so here it goes. How do you know if you have a cold or a WG flare. I have sinus involvement, so it is so confusing. Feeling more stuffy and sinus pressure in my left maxillary. Doing the nose rinse and no green/ yellow. A little more tired. If it is a cold how long does it take for it to go away? Since we are all on immunosuppressant medicines, I know it takes awhile. In the last 4 days, I feel my "cold" is not getting better. So confusing?? It's harder when you try to diagnose yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It can be really hard to tell. We thought I had pneumonia that was unresponsive to antibiotics or was just taking longer to clear up because of being immune-compromised, etc... It was a Wegs flare.

I have certain signs/symptoms that are indicative of Wegs activity for me. Do you have anything like that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best way for me to tell the difference is to look out for multiple symptoms. The first used to be nose crusting, but if it was followed by rheumatic joint pain and perhaps bloodshot eyes then it was definite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack and Sangye, I thought about the multiple symptoms. I did a body check this morning ( no red eye, no joint pain, no bleeding from nose/ lungs, able to breathe OK, no fever). My biggest sinus problem is the left maxillary ( 4 surgeries) so right now it is feeling a little tight. I see my local Rhuematologist and I will see if she would know and maybe perhaps she might have to call Carol Langford if symptoms get worse. I like checking with you guys because you usually are able to come up with a answer ( 99%) of the time. Thanks for the input, I am kinda freaking out. I guess I need a good dose of chocolate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally understand the freaking out thing. I hope it's not a flare, just something simple. I feel safer checking in with everyone on here, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack, that kinda sounds like me when I flare

10. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I don't know how to start a new thread so here it goes. How do you know if you have a cold or a WG flare. I have sinus involvement, so it is so confusing. Feeling more stuffy and sinus pressure in my left maxillary. Doing the nose rinse and no green/ yellow. A little more tired. If it is a cold how long does it take for it to go away? Since we are all on immunosuppressant medicines, I know it takes awhile. In the last 4 days, I feel my "cold" is not getting better. So confusing?? It's harder when you try to diagnose yourself.
    I just got over a cold. There is really very little difference in how I felt...but after a week of trying to rest as much as possible, the cold went away. I hope yours is just a cold.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast