Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: How to know when you're having a flare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How to know when you're having a flare

Right, initial RTX was a couple before they switched to CTX for faster results. I also had RTX twice after last flare after Covid vaccination. Recently I tried Avacopan or Tavneos but developed three inflections so had to stop it.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

2. Likes J@$0N, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is interesting how differently it effects individuals. I had a round of RTX once a week for 4 weeks and then every 6 months. My ANCA was still positive at the time I contracted COVID and was concerned, but everything was negative following. I did not opt to get the jab due to this and other concerns. So far numbers are still good, just have joint pain and fatigue sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Summer! It's interesting that my DIL has a sister named Summer and she refers to her as SumSum. Also, my wife and I live in Florida and have considered moving and Greenville is one of the places we were looking at. Very nice area. I was DX in July 2017 by a Nephrologist. Five other doctors including infectious disease doctors could not figure out what was wrong with me over a 4 month period. When my labs showed my kidneys had failed, I checked into a nearby hospital. My Nephrologist is very educated about Wegener's so he manages both my kidney function and the Wegener's. We got the disease in remission using prednisone, azathioprine, and Rituxan by September 2019. So, about 2 years. Since that time in 2019, I have had 2 times where I was "sick" and couldn't pin the sickness on anything like the flu or headcold so I would call my Neph and tell him that I am concerned about a flare. He would have me take azathioprine for about 3 months and add the Anca test to my labs to check for that. Both times seemed to turn out ok with no trace of Anca. It's one of those things where you don't feel right but just can't identify what is causing the sick feeling. My Neph has also told me when I asked him about me having a flare. He said he looks at my urine test for abnormal amounts of protein and blood. Hope this helps. Shoot me an email if you have anything else you want to ask.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Summer,

An easy sign for me that I am having a flare is it becomes difficult to use my hand or my my foot (around the wrist or ankle) sometimes it’s one or the other and some times it’s both. Could be right side or left or a combination of the 2. If that goes untreated then a red looking rash appears usually in my legs as well. Just some things I have noticed. Hope it helps

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920