Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pain in hands and hips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pain in hands and hips

For the past few weeks, I have had transient pain in my hips and hands. They are very sore for and motion is painful for a few days, and then things return to normal. Advil is what I've been taking for relief.

I've been off pred for over 5 months. I take 15 mg/week of mtx and bactrim 3x/week. Otherwise, I feel fine.

Anybody have similar experiences?
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Pete, I have been experiencing pain in my left hip for the past few weeks and I keep getting cramps in my hands. Seeing my consultant in a few weeks so will mention it to him. Still on a low maintenance dose of pred.
    Mike
    If you can't be positive be optomistic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mike,

I've had hand cramps in the past. I found that eating a banana every day plus 100 mg/day of potassium helped a lot.

The pain I have in my right hand today is a deep soreness and pain (probably a 7 when 10 is unbearable) when I move my fingers. I was planning to play golf today, but I couldn't hold a club comfortably.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Pete, I am sorry for you to have such pains
    are this joints pains or others ?
    when I was in a bad state my fingers were aching but it was an issue of joints.
    are pains in hips connected to the kydneys ?
    what your doc say about it ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Pete - sadly my experience is not good news. I have experienced this a couple of times and each time it has been the start of a flare. The challenge for me has been that the blood tests do not immediately reflect this and it takes a while before the consultant agrees - by this time I have usually started to feel quite low. As you know we are all different so I hope for your sake it is not the case for you.
    Best wishes, Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Pete (from another Pete),
    WG has given me lots of "gifts" including rheumatoid arthritis. This could be the cause of your pain. I have had rheumatic pain for many years, so it does not immediately suggest a flare/relapse. I am currently in a situation where I might be at the start of a relapse due to many symptoms that suggest so. One of these symptoms being the rheumatoid arthritis is my foot has become so severe this last month that I now need a walking stick.
    The other areas where I get pain is hands and lower back/hips (like you). My knees are also effected.
    As Peter (above) states "we are all different so I hope for your sake it is not the case for you" Not only are we different from each other, but flares/relapses can present themselves differently each time on the same person.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I often get cramps in several parts of my body. Doctors tell me I have many reasons why they might occur so no idea of how to prevent them. I have learned though to not to try force a cramp out, especially in hands since that only tears tissue and makes things worse. Gentle massage around the area is only way to work them out. My hand cramps often seemed related to Dupytrens Contractures and the needle type of surgery helped. Now they have a newer surgery where they inject the offending cords with a super type meat tenderizer which dissolves the extra cords but when on pred it is too risky to try. My pain in joints was due to inflammation from Wegs and in my feet it was also misdiagnosed as plantar fasciitis. RA was ruled out but was under consideration for awhile too.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete, I have the same thing. My hip and knee on my left side especially (But right side too sometimes) seem to get sore for periods then seems to recover. Also one of my thumbs gets annoyly stiff. I see Dr VF next week so I'm going to ask about that. At this point I almost feel like it's weather related, the colder weather the last few days is what I suspect, though honestly I have no idea.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete, stay away from Advil and stuff like that. Try Tylenol Arthritis and consult your Wegs doc ASAP.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hi Mike,

I've had hand cramps in the past. I found that eating a banana every day plus 100 mg/day of potassium helped a lot.

The pain I have in my right hand today is a deep soreness and pain (probably a 7 when 10 is unbearable) when I move my fingers. I was planning to play golf today, but I couldn't hold a club comfortably.

Pete, does your hand feel like it has been slammed in a car door??

That's how I always described mine before pred got things under control.
    I think Peter could be right

You may need to get it checked out
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast