Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there anyone out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is there anyone out there?

It seems no one is here today. Hello? I keep refreshing every so often for a new post.

I'm tired. I didn't sleep much with only 8 hours off between shifts so my usual tired is more of a exhaustion today. I didn't bring any food. I ate a donut. I can't seem to stay on top of my water consumption. I made a grocery list. I have my menu planned for the week. I'm going to kick my butt into gear on my eating clean again. It's all planned out.

I can do this.

I am going to go see my old personal trainer on Thursday. Not sure how that's going to go but I miss working out. I miss the sweat, the endorphins, I miss knowing I did something. I miss the sore muscles, I miss the burn. I hope I can start out going once a week and increase it. I need to get back to that. I miss that sooooo much. It helped with stress like you wouldn't believe. I just hope I don't break myself.

What is everyone else up to? I feel lonely even in this room of 8 people!

Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was busy 'working out' on a plate of spaghetti I made. I lifted my fork quite a few reps- man do I feel better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am about to do another set of reps on another donut. I have no food with me and there are donuts here. This is NOT good.

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Nikki,
    I am sorry for you, for having hard time.

I suggest you start walking everyday at least 30 min a day. you don't have to walk fast but you have to do it. it will help your breathing and everything.
    you need to decide to do it and to have strong will of power.
    I am walking for the past 4.5 years EVERY day, no matter what, hot or cold, rain or wind. even when I have fever I am going but then very slowly. if you don't stop this routine, in time you will see how much it helps your symptoms and your figure.
    I also have with me allways apples, if I am hungry. and I had convinced myself that foods like donats are so bad that I get nausea to see them (one exception is chocolate... I can't resist it).
    good luck !
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, we are all out partying in the bat cave

Well guess not.. would be fun though....

After I took the kids to their daycare / school I went to the library to return a bunch of movies and childrens books. Borrowed 9 blu-rays (they wouldn't let me check out so many so had to go talk to the attendant). Got the new Lincoln movie and some other ones that looked interesting.

Then I bought the Apple TV3 from a sale, they have this big sale at the mall and had 25 of them for about 60 euros. Had to que for 30 min though, but sounded like a fun toy Although I noticed the Apple TV2's are being sold for like $200 on Ebay since at least some versions can be jailbroken which adds a ton of nifty features... I might ask a friend of mine if he wants to swap his old version to my brand new one since I'd like to tinker with the jailbroken one.

Then went to see the company doc, gave me a note to go check a rheumy. woohoo! Never seen one before.

After that I was really exhausted, but went for lunch and groceries and drove home. Really should have taken a rest, but had to call to three different clinics to reserve times. Booked a time for early Oct for a rheumy. Was told to stop using MTX until I've talked with my own doc due to my changed vision. She won't have time to call me until Thu next week, so I'll miss my meds this week.

About your gym, are you using high doses of Pred? The thing is I was told not to go to the gym and I remember someone telling here that their body suffered when going while on meds. So make sure the meds won't affect you negatively that you don't tear up something. Maybe your PT would also know about pred. Seems so silly that we are eating a ton of steroids and not getting to look like body builders, but guess Pred pretty much does the exact opposite. I was recommended to take light walks for now, and was told I could swim but just not yet.
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wegetarian, why do you have to stop mtx and is it ok to do it "at once" ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Wegetarian, why do you have to stop mtx and is it ok to do it "at once" ?
    Well my eyesight has become worse, and its one of the possible side effects listed on MTX (it also said to immediately call the doc). No idea if its a good idea to stop it or if it can be stopped at once. Anyway, they told me to do it (the nurse consulted some surgeon who said I should stop using it until I've talked with my doc).
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I won a meet and greet for a concert to see a Keith Urban ( for all you country and Aussie fans ) on Thursday. Saw two bands before they announced that he was stuck in NY because of storms.We were on our way out and it was like the sky opened and it poured and lots of lightning.Almost got trambled on with thousands of people trying to leave at once. Got soaking wet and had to run about a mile to the car....didn't think I was gonna make it. Then it was rescheduled for last nite. Got to meet him,but he wasn't very friendly,just wanted to get on with it cuz there were several others in line. They had their own photogragher there to take a picture and it will be on his website ( not there yet ) But had to leave early cuz my boyfriend had to get up a 5:00 a.m. to go to work and we had over an hours drive.Having a had time breathing the last couple of days. I carried a bunch of boxes of stuff and bins of winter clothes up from my basement and now my back and chest are killing me. SOOOOO that was my weekend. I bought my mother donuts but I didn't eat 1 !!!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw man, that doesn't sound like a good time. The bad weather, the rescheduling just to see someone who isn't being very nice. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that!

Wegetarian, my husband bought an AppleTV thing. Not sure which one. We already have a ROKU which is a small device that allows us to watch streaming videos through Netflix (not sure if you have that there) or off of Amazon. So, we haven't set up the AppleTV yet.

I'm back at work. Again. I sweated my butt off between grocery shopping and prepping/cooking dinner and packing for work. I was also doing laundry in between. I packed very healthy as I usually do. The donut from yesterday was because I was stuck at work for 12 hours without anything to eat and the donut was there. It's not how I normally work.

I am at 15mg of my Prednisone taper. I've gotten the all-clear from the doctor to return to working out. I don't plan on diving right back into the heavy weights I used to do. I'm gonna use the small ones, mainly for getting the movement and waking up those muscles that have fallen asleep.

I hope everyone is having a beautiful day. It's about 90 here. Not the fall weather I want to be having but ... a beautiful day nonetheless. It's better than the 105 we were having a week or so ago!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll trade you places Nikki.in Ohio it was in the 50's today.We live on almost 5 acres of land in the park and the leaves are starting to turn and fall a little. I hate the fall and winter. I'll take the heat anytime. Sounds like you are starting to feel better..hope it keeps up
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast