Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default AL

Al was only active here about nine months but posted over 200 times per month, most likely a record for any members. Reading some of his old posts gives one a good flavor of what an asset he was to us. Too bad he isn't here to enjoy meeting some of more recent members so they could have also benefited from his wisdom.
    Last edited by drz; 09-14-2013 at 08:01 PM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is always heartbreaking to me when I come across postings from Al, Jack or Lightwarrior knowing that they are no longer with us. It's a kick in my arse to stay on top of symptoms and ... it's sad that I never had a chance to get to know them on this forum.

They were wonderful people, I can tell just from their posts. I am glad there is still a part of them here, preserved forever.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they are, and always will be, missed by their families and all of us but their wit,wisdom and memory will live on and help and inspire present and future members of our wegs family.i feel privileged to have known them. john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So true.

Every time I eat vegemite or mention bubble wrap, I think of Al.......he used to tease me about it.
    Every time I play Words with Friends on fb, I think of Lightwarrior.........we had some great chats during games.
    Every time I go and have my blood tests and they try, yet again, to find a good vein, I think of poor Jack.......he had such a hard time at the end.

The same goes for others on here that haven't passed though. I miss SANGYE - where the heck are you

Unfortunately or fortunately, I think of everyone on a daily basis - ones that still post regularly and others that we haven't heard from for quite a while.
    I wonder what you are all up too. Are you having a good day. Are you in pain. Are you now fine and out living it up.
    (I only say, unfortunately, because that means I have to be a stalker on here every day - to see how everyone is going).

I am thankful for this forum and all of the people on here.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am already SO attached to the people I've communicated with on here. We share a rather unfortunate bond but an important one because there isn't anyone else that knows what this is like. I am grateful for their wisdom, left behind for us to cherish, and I am grateful that I have this place, this space, and all of you great people.

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said it before and I'll say it again ...this is a great group of understanding and loving people. I am so glad I found all of you and "thank you ,Andrew" for making it all possible.It just wouldn't be the same if I couldn't come on here and see how everyone is doing and Michelle,I'm like you , I too wonder what happened to the people who used to be on here and hope they are all well. Thank you all for being here .....love you guys !!!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And then there is Batman.....I am the guardian of this group.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I have an image of Phil standing on top of a building, looking down at all of us posting away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually on a mountain.......
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    And then there is Batman.....I am the guardian of this group.

But that just goes without saying

Where would we be.......without Batman
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast