Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone want to listen to me grump...? :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys about the dogs, it's been tough.

I have decided, for about 10 different reasons (about 25% which is health related) to just not take the job. The amount of stress I was having was unreal, and my husband said "just don't do it". So, I called and told them that I was no longer interested in the position and while I was initially looking forward to working with the company, decided to go another route. I don't think I have ever felt so relieved. It was too much responsibility for me, and the "bad" started really outweighing the good - regardless of whether it was bad for my health or not.

So now, it's more hours at the salon... I really love being there. I worked a few days in a row this week, so that's progress! I'm excited about it and I feel good about what I'm doing. I'm also trying a new medication for all the intestinal issues I've been having (some of you know about this) and IT'S WORKING. My stomach is no longer gurgling angrily constantly and I feel like I have more freedom. I am also able to work longer shifts, because before I would NOT eat at work... If I did I would be in so much pain I could not work. Now I can take lunch to work with me, so I don't feel so drained from working 6-8 hours straight out without eating anything all day.

PLUS... We are getting a greyhound foster on October 5! Excitement!

Things look like they are finally, finaaalllllyyy turning around even just a little bit.

Here's to hoping.

Maybe I will win the lotto too. Too much? lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aha! You hinted at a surprise on Facebook and I wondered if it might be a dog, but I didn't want to mention dogs at that moment. I'm happy for you, and a foster is good, since you've done that before and dealt with it well, and won't have the long term commitment to vet bills and stuff.

Also, I'm glad you are happy with your decision about the job and about putting in more hours at the salon instead. I'll bet you are very good at what you do there.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I used to do very well at the salon, before I got sick. Then I just couldn't drag my behind there and be there enough to make enough money, but now I think I can do it more.

And the doggie might stay... lol... We have two weeks to decide if we want to keep it. If not it will go up for adoption, but we MIGHT keep it... We just miss our pooches, and the extra money in our wallet doesn't mean a whole lot to us if we are bored and miserable because we miss having a dog around

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123