Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to listen to me grump...? :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quoting the wise Homer J. Simpson: "If you don't try, you can't fail".

Well actually I'm not sure if I agree with that.. I don't really even see whats the big issue really. Maybe you can call them the day of the visit and try to hear if they are having the sniffles and suggest you re-schedule until they feel better if they don't sound well. TBH I'm a lot more worried about using say public computers or pressing elevator buttons which I know are covered in germs than talking to random people. then again I don't know anything about contiguous diseases so take what I say with a mountain of salt
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to meet your doc some day Carrie. Sounds like he is the one that need the serious help. I would not listen to him to be honest. Just take all the precautions you can. Bring masks, sanitizer, wipes, etc....
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I'd like to meet your doc some day Carrie. Sounds like he is the one that need the serious help. I would not listen to him to be honest. Just take all the precautions you can. Bring masks, sanitizer, wipes, etc....
    You can't go in there with a mask and wipes etc.......that's crazy.
    I would not buy from someone who came in with a mask on and was carrying wipes - because they thought I was germy.

We had this vaccuum cleaner salesperson come into our home once and proceeded to show us how filthy our floor rug was. Mind you, my husband is a commercial cleaner and only invited this person in to see what they said.
    This person then proceeded to ask is she could wash her hands because she felt ill at the thought of our rug and then proceeded to put gloves on.
    She then went on about how many germs and bacteria were in our rug and she couldn't even think to imagine what our bed/mattress must be like.
    - she got the short shift, straight out of the house and then we proceeded to make a call to her Company.

No, I think, Carrie, that you should just play it by ear. Work until you can no longer work. Sit far enough away from the person, that it wont matter and then when you get home - do as I do after I get off a train each day.......do a sinus rinse, wash your hands and face and gargle with some mouthwash - it's kept me good.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carrie, I'm always available to grump to. That's one of the reasons we are here. It sounds like your doc overreacted to me.
    Mary
    dx'd Janaury 2013
    involvement: lungs, kidney and sinus

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

urban dictionary...Too funny...made me laugh out loud ( I mean,,,LOL!!)
    Mary
    dx'd Janaury 2013
    involvement: lungs, kidney and sinus

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carrie,first of all sorry to hear about you losing your other dog,I really know how hard it is Second thing is, I ( before I got sick )would go to peoples homes to sell water purifiers. And any more I would be more worried about what kind of person you are going to meet ( nuts ) rather than if they are sick or not. I don't think that is the greatest thing to do,,you just don't know what you would be walking into, even if you talked to them on the phone.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debra brings up an excellent point. Speaking from the law enforcement standpoint because that's kind of my area of expertise ... you should always be prepared. There are some crazy folks out there, and you're a pretty girl. However, we can't live in a box. Make sure someone knows where you're going that day ... bring your Purell, if you shake hands, don't touch your face and purell as soon as you can when you leave. Then they won't see you doing it and offend them.
    A lot of people don't like to shake hands anymore ... you could get lucky!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carrie, I think you will be OK if you take precautions, keep lots of hand sanitizer around, and do whatever you did pre-Wegs to avoid catching things from other people, but with a little extra caution thrown it. If you were, say, a transplant recipient, it would be the same. You need to move on with your life and take advantage of opportunities presented. Congrats on getting the job, even if it is not the most ideal one you would have imagined. Something better may come along someday, but in the meantime, this sounds tolerable for you, and it's great that a lot of the work will be done at home. I wouldn't worry too much. And yes, people who are really sick will probably cancel.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about your fur babies. I can't even imagine. My pup is almost 13 and we had a scare a couple of weeks ago, but he's much better. He lost an eye, but he's doing great. We get so attached to them and losing them hurts so bad. I just keep saying to myself that having them in our lives for a short time is better than never having them at.

In all honesty, I think they love us even more!
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Carrie,
    I don't think the risk of picking up an infection is going to be any greater for visiting other people's homes than most other jobs. I was working in a supermarket for a long time after I was diagnosed with WG. I couldn't have come in to contact with more people if I had have tried. Admittedly, most of my life since I was diagnosed I've felt unwell, but I don't think it's down to picking up lot's of germs, just the lasting effects of WG.

I would be more concerned about you going in strangers houses by yourself, rather than the germ issue.

Except for working from home, I think it's good choice to limit your chances of picking up an illness.

I'm also truly sorry about your dogs. One of my dogs has gone through so much health wise and is back for more surgery next Wednesday.
    Diagnosed April 1995

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast