Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cellcept anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mizamonie, how's your husband's progress with Cellcept?
    I can not take cyclophosphamide and my Dr can't get funding for RTX. He discussed mycophenolate (Cellcept) at a previous appointment. As it is highly likely I'm having a relapse (postive ANCA, likely WG showing on nasal biopsy, many symptoms that have returned) he wants to see me this week. I think he will start me on Cellcept.
    It is strange that drz states that it is usually used when MTX or AZA doesn't work, as those are considered more effective. I understand that MTX should be more effective (but I can't take that due to severe renal damage), but AZA has always been agreeable with me. The reason my Dr said he wanted to try Cellcept instead of AZA is because he wanted a stronger medication for me this time.
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starred Cellcept 2 weeks ago and decreased prednisone to 20. His skin lesions were worsening terribly so I called the doc and asked him whether we should increase prednisone back to 40 or try increasing Cellcept ( while I'm not a doctor in real life, I play one at home...lol). He increased my hubby from 500 mg twice daily to 1,000 mg twice daily. After reading some of the responses to my post I realized that the initial dose was quite low. It 's too soon to to tell if there's any improvement. Side effects have been heart burn, occasional fever and back pain. He has an appt with a rheumatologist on December 12th ( ha, ha....no rush Doc, he's just going to one one huge oozing wound by then). I'm going to call the pulmonologist tomorrow and see if he can call the rheum to get us a sooner appointment. I wish you luck and pray that Cellcept works for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12