Thread: Recommend me some good music for relaxing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Well, we call vegetarians - veggies, so why not
    Yep, and we can't really call him Weggie, because that is all of us, so Wedgie is a more suitable alternative, and more fun to say.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good

BTW, I'm also a vegetarian.

Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm the kind of person who can deal with life when I'm awake and busy but the moment I lie down to sleep my mind races. I listen to audiobooks. I love hearing a good story and it stops my mind from going to bad places. Try {Link removed. Torrent site - Andrew }

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said!
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although not music, I do have a relaxation audio file I could send you.
    It's basically a calming voice that uses similar techniques of hypnotists.
    I can't say that it's brilliant in itself, but as it gets you to focus on different things such as sensations in your body or picturing a relaxing scene, you tend to stop concentrating on the thing that is keeping your mind occupied/racing.

Another thing I've found useful if it is pain that is keeping you awake, is to concentrate on the pain. It might sound counter-productive concentrating on the thing you want rid of and is keeping you awake, but it works for me. Ignoring pain is impossible and therefore takes more effort and you still feel pain. If you concentrate on the pain and try and imagine what it looks like in your mind (trust me, when I first heard "concentrate on what your pain looks like" I thought the person must be a reborn hippy on something stronger than my pain killers).
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilders, what you describe as concentrating on the pain and imagining what it looks like is similar to some techniques I learned about 40 years ago on a Buddhist meditation retreat.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Audio books is a good suggestion, thanks Mizamonie When I needed to commute for an hour to work I used to listen to The Teaching Company's audio lectures. Found them fascinating, especially the ones about archeology and myths. I need to check out what they would have.

Gliders, you have PM No, I don't have any pain - but concentrating on the pain when I have it sounds like an interesting idea. Its just that I wake up at night and feel wide awake. Like today, even though I went to sleep way too late I woke up at 5.30 and didn't feel tired. When I do that I usually spend an hour at my computer browsing this forum among other things, but it doesn't really help me sleep.

I'm not a fan of opera, but I really like this song. So here is a flower for all my fellow Weg's

Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Gilders, what you describe as concentrating on the pain and imagining what it looks like is similar to some techniques I learned about 40 years ago on a Buddhist meditation retreat.
    Well with the weight I've put on with many years of Pred and my generally inactive lifestyle now, I think I maybe turning in to Budda
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything by Cat Stevens (especially father and son)
    Diagnosed April 1995

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123