Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me some good music for relaxing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Recommend me some good music for relaxing

Having had a hard time getting sleep lately I've noticed its quite relaxing to just put on some good music and lie down with my eyes closed. I used to mainly listen to electronic music and some classical music, but with ample time available I'd like to try out the best of different genres. Deep Forest and Sacred Spirit were also relaxing to listen too while resting.

So you guys must have some favorites - share some with me Preferably giving out the artist name and the track so I'll have an easier time to track it down. I don't mind if its not mainstream, on the contrary its fun to try out different music.

Right now I'm listening to some old Jazz, like Miles Davis, Duke Ellington.
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi wegetarian,
    what a wonderful idea to think about sharing good music that helps relaxing
    here is one of my favorites: it has in it sounds of water dripping
    River Water - Idan Raichel |
    there is also this song with words but in hebrew, it is a love song.
    The Idan Raichel Project -

you can see in youtube, the creator is called "Idan Raichel Project", he has more beautiful songs (although it might be a matter of taste) and if you don't mind to listen to songs in hebrew...
    Last edited by Alysia; 09-05-2013 at 06:24 PM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Alysia, found it on Spotify The Idan Raichel Project, it also has their 2013 album. Trying it out now.
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't been listening to much music lately, perhaps I should. But while going through some papers, I found amongst them a CD called Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Masters. It is on Dancing Cat Records. I know there are many recordings out there of this kind of guitar music, but this is the only one I have. I think of it as very relaxing. Perhaps I should put it in now.

Another one that just crossed my mind is Pat Metheny and Charlie Hayden's album Beyond the Missouri Skies. It has been around awhile. Will add more if I think of them.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love listening to anything classical.

One song I like is "Watermark" by Enya (she has some other good songs too) Enya - Watermark - YouTube

I use Pandora and they have a station called "Relaxation." I really like it and listen to it all the time. You can easily create an account at Pandora.com, it's free.
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't beat Bach!
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a radio that has 5 different sounds like rain,ocean waves,thunder,the rain forest (with different bird noises) and a summer nite. I don't listen to them often but they are relaxing,especially the rain,since I can always fall asleep on rainy days !!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Masters.
    Tried it out last night when I woke up at 4am. Could only find one song from them from an old Hawaiian club music record. But yeah, you are right it was quite relaxing. Didn't take too long for me to ofall asleep. The only downside is I'd like to go to Hawaii.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not relaxing for sleep but ... I enjoy my Pandora station for Lindsay Stirling. She's a violinist but, it's kind of a funky, fun beat. The Pandora station then plays other similar music. Some of my faves are these cellists who do popular songs but just with the cello, no voices.
    I have it on when I am doing things in the house, it slows me down.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprised so few here listen to music. Or maybe they just don't like to share....

Today for my nap I decided to look for some Tibetan music. I used Spotify, but here is a youtube link for your convenience. Found especially this tune very relaxing, although it has a bit of a slow start:
    Deva Premal & The Gyuto Monks of Tibet - Purification (HQ) - YouTube

Lets try embedding it for the really lazy forum members

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast