User Tag List

Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paleo auto-immunity diet (The Autoimmune Protocol)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by im so blessed View Post
    How did this work out for you?
    Hi im so blessed!
    I absolutely hated the program. Lasted about a week. by day 3 or 4, I had no appetite, and felt very bloated and just gross. So, I started googling stuff, learning that they whole "cutting carbs out 100%" idea is actually called Ketosis. more or less, a state of starvation that your body goes into. Sure, you'll start dropping weight in week 3 as promised, but what happens when you start eating like a normal human again? I was interested in the program to see if i had sensitivities to certain foods. instead of following this strict diet, I just started cutting out foods every week, and reintroducing them. I've stopped most milk products, and most refined sugar. i've still had a little success with losing a few pounds, just slowly, and what i feel is more naturally. I didn't want to throw my whole body out of wack doing the whole 30. it just didn't feel good to me.
    Nicole

2. Likes im so blessed, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could'nt agree more. It's really not sensible.Cutting things out that are good for your body just for the sake of following a program??? Doesn't make any sense to me. At the same time, I'm sure it helps some people. But any plan that makes you feel worse(especially after 2 whole weeks still) just isn't worth it. To me atleast

4. Likes Alysia, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Paleo auto-immunity diet (The Autoimmune Protocol)?

I agree. Paleo is nonsense. Someone pointed out that the life expectancy in Paleolithic times was 24 years. Eat fresh fruit and vegetables, whole grains and (for me) lean protein. limit sugar, processed foods.
    Common sense really. But our society is awash with processed rubbish, poisonous food. Trans fats are also a major culprit. The right types of oils, Omega 3 and 6 , monosaturated can play a crucial role in managing any inflammatory disease.

6. Likes John S, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Paleo auto-immunity diet (The Autoimmune Protocol)?

Quote Originally Posted by Wegetarian View Post
    Hey Guys!

So I've been reading up on dietary stuff. I guess the consensus in what I've read would at least be to cut down the sugar and white flour. Or maybe I've just paid most attention to that because I love pasta and stuff that contain a lot of sugar

I saw some discussions that suggested a paleo autoimmunity diet. Too bad the articles were not in English, but a doctor recommended some kind of paleo diet for people with auto-immunity issues and specifically said that the current recommendations on eating a lot of bread have no scientific backing.

Here is a forum thread discussing Wegeners and paleo diet, unfortunately its not too long but was interesting still.

Wegener's Granulomatosis | Mark's Daily Apple Health and Fitness Forum page

This site seems to have a ton of info regarding autoimmunity and paleo, but I feel a bit sceptical about it especially when knowing she kind of runs it like a business and wants to promote her upcoming book. Some of the stuff she says we aren't supposed to eat are recommended in the dietary recommendations for people with vasculites. Her Ph.D seems to be from medical biophysics, I was surprised she only mentioned her title on her site since it makes her sound like a doctor and I was wondering if nutrition was her speciality. Still the site is packed with info, and she did say she refers to over 1000 studies in her book so maybe she has done her research.

» The Autoimmune Protocol

Here is an autoimmunity paleo cookbook review (note that there is also a downloadable 20 page preview with recipes):
    Introducing the Paleo Autoimmune Cookbook | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

So, do you have any experiences with this stuff? I do remember hearing some of our members saying that avoiding white wheat helped their symptoms but it would be nice to hear more. Personally I've tried to avoid making pasta. I'm hungry so often these days and I don't think eating very unhealthy will do me any good - which sucks because I figured I'd worry about my weight later and now just relax. I have been doing salads and soups instead of my regular pasta portions though. But like today I ate a portion of onion soup and a large salad at 10.30 but then wen't out for a second lunch of pizza at 1pm
    On Ketogenic diet - no sugar, very low carbs, high fat. It works!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12