Likes Likes:  0

Thread: IV cyclophosphamide vs oral

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IV cyclophosphamide vs oral

Jus curious as to how many of you who took or are taking cyclophosphamide took oral vs IV. I am having my 2nd infusion tomorrow and have only been on IV. Also, if you've received IV how many infusions did you receive and when did you notice improvements? Thanks in advance!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took oral CTX when I was taking it. It did the job of getting my symptoms under control, very well. It took maybe 3 weeks for me to get used to the side effects and to notice that I was feeling better. That is a guess, as it was more than 2 years ago and I wasn't really keeping track. I still had a lot of fatigue for at least 6 weeks, and could get around by myself, drive myself places, etc., but it wasn't easy.
    It was hard to make it from one end of the grocery store to the other. I still get fatigued more easily than pre-Wegs, of course, as I think most of us do.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started on RTX IV for two treatments then one of CTX IV and then to oral CTX since oral CTX is considered more effective and easier to regulate to control for unwanted side effects. I did have to cut back or stop the CTX pills several times and that is hard to do with IVs.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had 6 monthly infusions and am now scheduled to have 6 more over 18 months(-once every 3 months for a total of 6 more.) I have tolerated it pretty well. Some nausea and tiredness for a few days after the infusion. My hair thinned a lot but I had thin hair to begin with, but from what I have read that is pretty unusual. Good luck.
    Mary
    dx'd Janaury 2013
    involvement: lungs, kidney and sinus