Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Cytoxan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL-- that reminds me of Luce's story about when she was first hospitalized. She was in kidney failure and bringing tea to the others in her unit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that was me too!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It shows how kindhearted both of you are. Some people wouldn't do that even if they felt great!

Doug Guest

Gad! After I got to University Hospital-Denver, they had me in the transplant ward in a private room where visitors wore moonsuits and face masks, except during a spell where I had diarrhea* then I wore the moonsuit and face mask when I was transported to various parts of the hospiat l for various treatments and biopsies.

In fact, once I was hospitalized in my hometown with a high fever, difficulties breathing, heart issues, but before I was diagnosed four days later, until I was let out of UC-Denver Hospital, I was isolated from the general population. Except one brief time, when the regional hospital people had the idea I was without insurance and put me in a double with an elderly man with diarrhea bouts once an hour, on the hour! I answered the shared phone for him, and no doubt caught diarrhea by that means, the bout of which travelled with me from that hospital to the oine in Colorado. Incredible how the uninsured are treated! (Which, as far as that hospital was concerned, their billing department anyway, was what I was: uninsured, though I in fact had insurance that covered every penny after the first $1250, which I reached sometime the first day I was hospitalized!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mandy, I did experience thinning, but not REAL bald spots. I did get a little innovative trying to comb it in ways that didn't make the thinning quite so noticeable. Oddly enough it occured on the pills, not the IV, but maybe that was delayed reaction. Apparently grey hair is less inclined to fall out, so maybe that helped me. I hope yours is not worse than mine. Just another blip on the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandycc View Post
    Did many of you experience hair loss with cyclophosamide?

My nurse warned me it's a possibility. I'm having IV cyclo every two weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I did lose some of the hair from my head when on cyclophosphamide, but at about the same time, general body hair increased. The effects were not dramatic and I had other things to worry about at the time! Being bald and male, it was hard to tell what changes were just age related.

In a beautiful, quiet trailerpark, surburban Vancouver, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, my biggest problem with the chemo was the hairs falling down on my back and itching my patience out of me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't seem to have lost any hair yet, apart from what I normally would do. I just had my fourth cyclo IV today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on pills and my hair thinned but curled, I have a free perm that lasted now for 3 years
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use to have beautiful thick wavy golden brown hair. In the last two years I have more gray then color, I lost half of my hair, half of my hair is crazy curly and the other half straight. I really look like the guy from the movie ( the one with the blond wiry hair) , " Dumb and Dumber". People tell me what I need to do with my hair. I went to the salon to get it colored and cut, there must of been five beauticians in there giving me advice on how to tame my ugly hair!

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast