Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cytoxan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cytoxan

Does anyone having burning when urinating while taking Cytoxan?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That isn't a normal side effect. It sounds like your son has a UTI. Please get it checked out asap. Having any infection while on immunosuppressants can be dangerous. In 2007 I developed a sudden UTI that spread into my kidney within one hour, believe it or not. I was lucky to have the right antibiotic on hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

I had it bad after nuc testing and Litho.. Asked the urlg. if it was normal after he said yes and now it has been over a month and I still have it. He is still saying its normal.I made an apppointment with my ob/gyn sometimes they are the best to think about a womans parts. I have also had the blood in my pee since before I was Dx'd with WG. It was one of the Wg's hints that is still there. Haven't figrured that one out yet. The kidney function was fine and ultrasound only showed the stones that are no more.
    Get it checked out. No one should have that is long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might be normal after passing a kidney stone, since they can injure the tissue on their way out. A month is a long time, though for sure. Sounds like a low-grade UTI.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cytoxan

could it be from not drinking enough water?

Doug Guest

I'm with the suggestion to have your son see a doctor as soon as you can. Infections need to be addressed as soon as possible. If it isn't an infection, you need to know that too. I'm with Sangye and onatreetop, though: for the duration, it sounds more like an infection. Is there a strong smell associated with it and is the urine milky? That's another clue. Regardless, see your son needs to see his doctor!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jeriorleans View Post
    could it be from not drinking enough water?
    I don't think so. The reason for drinking lots of water while taking cytoxan is to keep it from sitting in the bladder-- future risk of bladder cancer is much higher. It would be painless if it sat there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Cyt. Am or Pm?

his might sound bad but.......................what time of day are you taking the cyt. if you are taking it at all? The presp. says once daily thats it. No am or pm? I have been taking it in the pm in fear of stomach issuses. That way I might sleep through it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When i was taking cytoxan..it was suggested i take it all in the morning as it would be better to not sleep overnight with the waste in your bladder.

Since i drink 120-140 oz of water a day...i could see the benefits of taking cytoxan in the morning while flushing away the waste during the day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer to take the more toxic stuff in the morning when my system is more active rather than it hanging around stagnant at night. This is based on no scientific information what so ever!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast