Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cytoxan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Germaine,
    LOL--Please don't think I couldn't benefit from some advice! It's very easy for me to miss obvious things, especially when it concerns my own body.

Yesterday my doc said to reduce the cyclo to 100 mg. After continuing pain, today he said to lower it to 50 mg. When I took ctx in '06, I increased it slowly. Hopefully this will be fast enough to get the Wegs under control. I've never seen a coated ctx....

The Zone diet is very good for certain constitutions. It has certainly worked great for you! With my constitution, I'll lose weight for a couple weeks, then will actually start gaining. Within a month, I'll get sinus headaches, constipation, irritability. In Ayurvedic medicine, this is a typical response for a Kapha constitution. Many years ago Oprah--who is also Kapha-- tried such a diet. I wrote her and suggested she ask her friend Deepak Chopra for his Ayurvedic opinion. She stuck it out, and within a month was miserable with the same symptoms.

The way we react to pred also has a lot to do with our constitution type. Pred is considered "cold" in Eastern medicine. Kapha is already cold, and adding more cold causes a lot of weight gain. Pitta constitutions are most benefitted by a zone diet. Pitta is hot, so pred typically causes the least weight gain for them.

For me, physical activity is very important when it comes to losing weight. Not being able to exercise at all for 3.5 yrs has been disastrous for me. My doc thinks the ctx will get the Wegs under better control than it's been for months, and in the end may actually strengthen me. I sure hope so!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear you're having to juggle with your treatment Sangye. Its the old problem of the "best" medication also being the most toxic. Hope you soon get it all back under control again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes! LOL, I have never even heard of Ayurvedic medicine. For me the Zone diet was the magic bullet after gaining weight even at 1200 calories a day years ago, and on practically any other diet. I'd given up any hope of controlling my weight. My daughter (who is much better informed), tells me all bodies are not the same, well I believe her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ps HOW is it you post your pictures? Give me a refresher, I think Jack told us but I still didn't feel good enough to care. non techy language please. Thanks Germaine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Germaine, do you mean your pic for your avatar?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point.

Go to UserCP at the top of the page, then select Edit Avatar from the menu on the left.

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Ginger tablets. Can't recommend them highly enough. I take a couple when I have nausea and within 20mins it's smooth sailing.

Ginger is great! Alternatively, ginger ale might help some with milder nausea.
    Last edited by Doug; 07-19-2009 at 12:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do any of you get tinnitus while taking oral cytoxan? It's pretty bad by each night. I was at a public gathering yesterday and felt I was having a harder time hearing than usual. I'm gonna ask my doc about it, but I figured I'd collect a little data first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I have tinnitus all the time which I associate with the fluid in my inner ear. I'm currently waiting for grommets to be fitted, so perhaps I'll find out if this is really the cause.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast