Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from Europe 2 :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Wedgi,
    you are too quiet lately... is everything ok with you ?
    or are you just having fun, forgetting (hopefully) about having WG ?
    I hope the "incident" with the Batman jokes didn't drive you away....
    I miss you around.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Alysia,

Thanks - yeah I haven't been here at all during Christmas (or at the FB forums). Kind of wanted to think of merrier things That Batman thingy did make me think that this might not be the friendly forum I thought it was, but I'm not driven away so easily.

On the other hand I've been feeling very good, and should be back to work so I don't really have any new exiting symptoms to figure out.
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wegetarian View Post
    Hey Alysia,

Thanks - yeah I haven't been here at all during Christmas (or at the FB forums). Kind of wanted to think of merrier things That Batman thingy did make me think that this might not be the friendly forum I thought it was, but I'm not driven away so easily.

On the other hand I've been feeling very good, and should be back to work so I don't really have any new exiting symptoms to figure out.
    oh, no wedgi. I am sorry if you got hurt. no one means to hurt anyone. we ARE a friendly forum trust me. for about 6-7 years, I am a member in about 10 forums in Hebrew, and lately in some fb groups, and I can tell for sure, this forum is THE BEST. we are only human. misunderstanding occurs. but I can tell and it is not only my opinion, that we love you here and your presence is awesome, you contribute so much here, with lots of info, and great sense of humor and creativity. so please, don't go away.

on the other side, I am very glad that you are feeling good, and this is a GOOD reason to be away, although we miss you here.... you can also come and tell that you are feeling good. it always gives hope. especially to the ones who are still waiting to remision (like me).
    happy new year to you and to your family
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry about that Dan. No harm no foul. It never offended me.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Don't worry about that Dan. No harm no foul. It never offended me.
    I only remember one person being offended enough by that to speak up and say so, which he had the right to do, and his point was well taken. We are a diverse group of people here and will not all react the same way to everything. But it is now water under the bridge! I'm glad to see you back, Dan, and glad you have been feeling so well.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, yeah I kind of think someone could have just used the report post-option or PM'd me and I'd have removed it without that much fuss.... but yeah, doesn't matter anymore.

One eerie thing I've been thinking about is that I read somewhere that without meds the median life expectancy would be 5 months after diagnosis... It would be this week for me... spooky. I'm sure glad the Pred and MTX are working so well, even though the pred has so many side effects. On 15mg now and I think it was 1st of Feb when I'm supposed to go down to 10 - but I discussed with the doc and suggested I'd do 12,5mg for a few weeks in Jan.
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Wedgie,
    I am glad you are back
    I think that for some of us, 5 months would be too long to keep on living. without pred I think I was dying in about 2 months after the onset. and there are here others who were in much more acute state....
    well, something to feel blessed about, that we survive more then those 5 months !
    lots of health to every one in 2014 and beyond !
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the 5 month thing would vary by case..... I do think I'd have died within 5 months from dx, without meds, since my lungs had suddenly been hit very hard. But I also think I could have been dx'ed a lot earlier, if anyone had thought of Wegs as a possibility, but then the 5 month thing wouldn't have applied, because I went for 2.5 years with Wegs symptoms before my dx. If my lungs hadn't been hit, I don't know how long I would have gone on that way!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sneaking in to post here from work. Kind of a boring update though, since nothing new to report except that everything is fine. Just got the results from my bloodtests yesterday and everything was fine, white blood cells were a bit up but they said its likely due to the cortisone. Been working 60% now, which is nice except I feel I don't have time to do everything at the office. Next month I'm supposed to work 100%, but that might be too much. The doc I said I should talk to my company doc and maybe try to work a bit less if I feel like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boring updates to report nothing much is happening are good!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast