User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Autoimmune Expedition Video (Part 2)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Autoimmune Expedition Video (Part 2)

Hi everyone.

I've finally got around to creating a post-trip video from my fundraising trip, the Autoimmune Expedition. It's a great look at the trip from start to finish. Here's the link to the youtube page: The Autoimmune Expedition, part 2 - YouTube

Looking back I'm proud of what I accomplished. Here's my timeline...

Oct 31, 2010 - admitted to the ICU with massive bleeding in my lungs and diagnosed with WG's. Started on plasma exchange, cyclo and pred.
    May, 2011 - switched to azathiaprine and flared up within a couple weeks. Back on cyclo and cranked up the pred.
    Aug, 2011 - became tolerant to the cyclo and put on Rituxan instead. Started RX on Sept 9.
    Sept 10, 2011 - completed a 124 km gran fondo bike race from Vancouver to Whistler. Suffer-fest!
    Oct, 2012 - moved on the Cellcept as a maintenance drug (still where I am today)
    July, 2013 - Completed a 12 day multi-sport expedition to raise awareness for autoimmune diseases - a trek I would have had trouble with when I was at full lung capacity.

Thanks for following and supporting throughout. I wish everyone here success with their treatments and recoveries. Just keep taking the next step...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a fellow Weggie, I believe you should be proud of yourself but better still, I am super proud of you and all you have achieved.

Even if I was a fighting fit individual, I do not believe I could have achieved what you have.

As someone with a couple of autoimmune conditions, I thank you for raising awareness.

Well done Pete
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete that is truely AMAZING!!!!

Congratulations not only for completing the expedition, but also in trying to raise awareness, just inspirational!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete,

Well done. Congratulations for completing this amazing journey on behalf of weggies and other AI diseased people everywhere.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How awesome of you to raise awareness... I loved keeping up with your updates along the journey! So happy to hear it was a success! I love the video too.
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh My Gosh. Thank you for putting yourself through all of that to bring awareness! We are thinking of creating a local 5k Run/Walk here for Wegener's. We are still in the very beginning stages so I am in absolute awe of you and all you have accomplished!!!!!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Peter, the movie is beautiful and very touching.
    you did the unbelievable !
    you give us inspiration and hope. thank you
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.