User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just seen dr. koening at u of u. OMG thats so not what i was thinking when i went in!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss you too. I will try and call soon but I prob wont be home until Sept. some time.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been wondering lately how DeDe is going.

I hope everything is okay .......and I really hope that she didn't have WG afterall.

Phil, have you spoken to her lately?
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michelle, I was just thinking about her, too! I wish I could say I knew something. She was on my Facebook but I think she closed her account due to hassling from relatives or such. She has a challenging life in dealing with difficult people, it seems. I, too, hope that she doesn't have WG or anything as serious, and that Phil or someone knows something.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will try and give her a call this weekend. Last time I called her a month ago she was doing okay. Maybe I will ask if she wants others to have her number as well.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was hoping she'd get notified of these posts to her thread and respond. DeDe, are you out there?
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    I had already been dx'ed with wegs, but went to Dr. Koening for confirmation. He's very good and very thorough. I spent 3 days at the U of U going through tests and he did re-confirm the previous dx. You can bank on what he tells you. Let's hope you don't have wegs.

After he re-confirmed me, I followed-up with a couple appts and I still send him my blood reports. On occasion, I'll send him an e-mail with a question and he always responds. Mostly, though, I leave the routine stuff and day-to-day maintenance with my original rheumy. That leaves Dr. Koening time for the really bad cases -- there's a lot of people who are worse off than me.

I have had almost the exact same experience with Dr. Koening as vdub. Koening is terrific and thorough and will find what out what is going on with you. Best of luck to you. Getting a true diagnosis is the first step to healing.

Susan
    Diagnosed March 2013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12