User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just seen dr. koening at u of u. OMG thats so not what i was thinking when i went in!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default just seen dr. koening at u of u. OMG thats so not what i was thinking when i went in!

Hi all!!
    well i got to see Dr. Kening at the u of u.
    and it was a 4 hr appt. so what it goes dwn to.
    is...
    he said i am not 100% sure you have wg. you never had a byopsy to confirm. and your nose and ears are fab.
    soo lets get all your records from hosp and dr. stromquest. then we are ging to do about 12 xrays. blood and ua.
    myself and my team will review all and have you come in. it could be wg, fm, lupis, or many others. so lets get all your records and run a byop, ct, mri, bone dent, and nerve cond, sence no one has botherd to do any of this. and find out what is going on.
    so now i sit and think this is good, but could be bad. and its another hury up and wait. yeah!!!
    lol back to 0. but feel better about this doc than others yeah. thanks to you all for nagging me to see him, even if my ins will only pay out of network for him.. ouch
    "My daughter is closer to me than my skin.. she is the arteries to my heart.. she is my life line.. The reason I breathe.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for you for making this important move. Koening is very good.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that's very thorough.
    I didn't realise that you never had any of these tests before.

I'm glad they are on to it now.

I hope things start improving for you
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you got a dr. that is really taking the time to find out what exactly it is that you have... Good luck with all the tests,hopefully it will turn out better than this (wg )
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had already been dx'ed with wegs, but went to Dr. Koening for confirmation. He's very good and very thorough. I spent 3 days at the U of U going through tests and he did re-confirm the previous dx. You can bank on what he tells you. Let's hope you don't have wegs.

After he re-confirmed me, I followed-up with a couple appts and I still send him my blood reports. On occasion, I'll send him an e-mail with a question and he always responds. Mostly, though, I leave the routine stuff and day-to-day maintenance with my original rheumy. That leaves Dr. Koening time for the really bad cases -- there's a lot of people who are worse off than me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi dede,
    I'm glad that you are in good hands

good luck, lets hope it is not wg, but something easier, and then you will just jump to visit us, and tell us about you and about your sweet daughter.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dede, I'm so glad you went to see Dr. Koening and you got such a thorough visit and a new perspective on what is going on! He really does sound great, and maybe I can see him someday. (Road trip!) And of course, like everyone else, I hope you don't have Wegs, and that what you do have is less serious and easily controllable. You will let us know, I'm sure!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks all. i will come back and talk to ya all if i dont have wg. i love you guys. lexies team the packers, won 7-4. YEAH GO PACKERS!!! i am going to take some pics of the stuff i have done to my garden tomarrow. and i will post them yeah!!
    "My daughter is closer to me than my skin.. she is the arteries to my heart.. she is my life line.. The reason I breathe.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Dede, I'm so glad you went to see Dr. Koening and you got such a thorough visit and a new perspective on what is going on! He really does sound great, and maybe I can see him someday. (Road trip!) And of course, like everyone else, I hope you don't have Wegs, and that what you do have is less serious and easily controllable. You will let us know, I'm sure!
    well we need to see what we can do to get you down here to see him!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Good for you for making this important move. Koening is very good.
    Hi my cuddle teddy bear. i miss yoiu...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast