Thread: MTX and live polio vaccine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MTX and live polio vaccine

Hi,
    There is big problem now in Israel. There was danger of polio epidemic in the south of the country, so all the kids under 9 yo got vaccine of live polio. Now the ministry of health wants to give this vaccine all over the country to kids under 9 yo.
    I live in the north and my small child is 8 yo. I read in the MTX page that I have to be careful not to be in touch with someone who gets live polio vaccine.
    I'm afraid not to give my child something he maybe need to protect himself. Although there are now a lot of debates in Israel if the live vaccine is necessary/ dangerous etc.
    On the other hand, I'm afraid that I will be exposed to this virus, and God knows what it can do to my poor depressed immune system
    I e-mailed my WG doc about it and he wrote that I don't have to worry, only keep hygiene (which I do ,of course). But there were enough times he told me not to worry and he was wrong.
    Anyone knows something that might help ?
    thanks.
    Last edited by Alysia; 08-10-2013 at 03:50 PM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not let your son have this vaccine.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I would not let your son have this vaccine.
    Hi Phil,
    thank you so much. I know I can count on you
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.