Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wegener's Granulomatosis Studies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, 1.5 million vs 8 billion...it's rare enough!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Phil,
    thanks for the references
    It turns out that influenza vaccine can cause/ triger WG !
    all those vaccines can be dangerous
    I was working with a girl who got auto-immune encephalitis from unknown reasons, one of the hypothsesis was taking some vaccines for a trip abroad. she recovered after half year.
    I wonder if there is anyone in the forum who "got" his wg after taking some vaccine...??
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting links, Phil, thanks for sharing. I have always managed to avoid getting flu shots even though my docs have always recommended them. I'm just not comfortable with the idea, which may be irrational, hard to say. As for the rising incidence of WG, it is pretty much what we have been suspecting, I guess.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for those interesting Links Phil, it is what we have been suspecting that it is not as rare as what is thought. As for the flu vaccine I have never taken my children to get it because I never ever trusted them

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice article to discuss the issues. I think this part sums it up well for us:

"Furthermore, a prospective study of influenza vaccination in patients with GPA with quiescent disease showed an adequate antibody response to the vaccine and no rise in disease activity following influenza immunization [13]. Therefore, the routine use of influenza vaccination in patients with autoimmune disease should be performed after careful assessment of the benefit-to-risk ratio."

It seems it might or could trigger, not cause, some vasculitis or other auto immune diseases in some people although this pretty rare event. But once we have it, it does not seem to affect relapse rate. Having the flu seemed to cause a higher relapse rate for MS than the vaccine. We think GPA is rare but how about AAV which they said is one in twenty million.
    Last edited by drz; 08-13-2013 at 02:59 AM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't take the flu vaccine and I seem to make it through the winters better than most. The last vaccine I got , I got pregnant and I don't want that to happen LOL again so I don't take them.
    My blog: Animo

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234