Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm still here! (update)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had been trying to get rid of the handyman for ages, he was terrible so on his 65th birthday we bought him a pocket watch and said good bye and thank you for your service. I don't think he understood the idea of the pocket watch, I guess you have to be American. I certainly have enough fertilizer from my horses. I'll try again and see how I do. We have something that looks like tiny lilies that grow wild everywhere,, they are beautiful but they smell like garlic, may it is garlic at one stage.
    My blog: Animo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara N View Post
    We had been trying to get rid of the handyman for ages, he was terrible so on his 65th birthday we bought him a pocket watch and said good bye and thank you for your service. I don't think he understood the idea of the pocket watch, I guess you have to be American. I certainly have enough fertilizer from my horses. I'll try again and see how I do. We have something that looks like tiny lilies that grow wild everywhere,, they are beautiful but they smell like garlic, may it is garlic at one stage.
    Oh, well, I understand about the handyman. I hope he is doing OK.

I do believe lilies may be related in some way to onions, but I would have to check. But I have encountered small lily-like flowers that smell like onions or garlic, and there may be a number of varieties of them. I know people who grow garlic, and I'm not sure that it makes much of a flower. Your lilies sound a bit like the wild camas we have here, which the indigenous people ate the bulbs of, though I'm not sure of the smell. It is mostly blue and grows profusely in open plains. There are so many varieties of related plants, wild or hybridized by humans.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought I would just update this thread instead of making another.

So today I had a great docs appointment. I am now officially aloud to have 1 month apps instead of every week! I am almost drooling thinking of the freedom

My inflammation has been steadily dropping, from up around 50-60 down to 27 today; so he's happy. I'm happy that he's happy... hehe

Hopefully this means I'm coming around for good this time, and lately I have noticed a lot of differences in my body. My hair seems shiny again, my skin is looking clearer and I'm just overall looking more and more like my old self. Can't wait until I can fit into my old clothes! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so time for one of Carrie's famous updates!

Sorry guys, I am not around too much. I find it hard to come on the forum sometimes, and I have been been very busy.

So here is where I stand.

No more prednisone, yay! I have been off it for over a month now. It is unbelievable how much better I feel. Even though I was on a low dose for months, I feel so much better.

My CRP is still high, it sits about 35-45. We don't know why. I am a bit concerned I have brain involvement (weird issues) and I guess I will bring that up the next appointment and see what he thinks. I'm probably being paranoid; but something in my head just isn't right (aside from the obvious, of course).

I am working two days a week at the salon and I finally found a job where I actually get paid to write. I am back doing my old job writing content for websites. The pay isn't awesome, but it keeps me busy and it's nice to have a somewhat normal income again juggling both jobs.

I am planting my garden and getting ready for summer... Might go fishing tomorrow to get some striped bass before seasons out, or some trout if that's what we catch. I'd prefer to catch bass since they are done next week, whereas trout we can catch until the fall. Might have to buy my salmon license and get some tags for those bad boys too. For anyone that fishes, Miramichi has one of the best salmon rivers in the world

I have really been pushing myself and it's really improving. I know it's very difficult, and some days are hard but honestly now that I am busy I feel so much better. It was not easy, as some days I would come home from work and sleep 16 hours. However, now I am almost normal. Normal with tiredness, lol.

Hope all you guys are doing well and I will try to pop on more often.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Normal sounds fantastic - good on you.

It's so great to see you, not only happy, but feeling awesome as well.

Good luck with the fishing. Will you give them a kiss and let them go, or will you keep them for eating?
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miramichi! You get to fish the Miramichi, wow, lucky you!!!!! I caught my only salmon on the Matane many years ago--don't know if I'll ever get back to try again. Those were the good old days.

Glad you are doing so well. Enjoy!!!!

Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi folks! Yes I am still around!

Hope you all are feeling well.

I have just been doing my thing. Monthly labs and the daily grind of work, sleep, repeat.

I have found out I have low hemoglobin and possibly some other things brewing. I have been feeling generally exhausted. My husband started a new job with the government and I was hoping it would allow some financial wiggle room, but it might take a year or so to catch up. We are doing ok though! Hopefully this fall I can go back to working just one job. One can hope!

Just waiting for spring so I can begin planning my spectacular vegetable garden. It gets bigger every year! Hoping I didn't bite off more than I can chew. It's essentially more than 50% of my backyard. Still lots (tons) of snow over here in northern nb though. Sigh.

Hope you guys have a great week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Carrie,

Good to hear from you!! Sounds like things are going reasonably well for you. Hope the financial situation improves soon.

How much snow do you have? I have friends in Boston who have most of two meters on the ground.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have atleast that. I'm only about 8 hours from Boston. I'm along the coast so we always get hit hard. There are some places in my backyard that are close to 10 feet.

The financial situation is definitely the best it has been. Just working off paying off some debt we acquired when I was sick. If we didn't have that debt we would be in good shape! We are hoping to consolidate it in the fall. If we can do that it will be great. We have been in our house 8 years so we should have enough equity that we can throw it in the mortgage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi!

Yes, I am still here!

I pop back and forth sometimes, and some of you have me on Facebook so you see me from time to time

Just wanted to update you guys healthwise. I have done pretty well for the past couple of years. No major flare since 2012, a few little bumps but nothing major. I work full time now at the salon, and have been doing pretty well symptom wise. Nothing too major, just some mild sore joints and sometimes if I work too long or too many hours I start to get a cough and things like that. Obviously like most I think we all deal with a certain level of fatigue and tiredness, but I have been able to manage pretty well. Sometimes I just crash when I get home

I am battling a pretty bad flu though for two weeks now. Have been to the doc twice just so she can keep an eye on me. My chest is pretty filled up and I have a pretty horrible cough, but I think the worst is over. Seems to be hitting everyone in my town so I guess I just need to wait it out.

My doctor also noticed that I have a slightly underactive thyroid and will probably need to be treated for that in the future, but not quite yet.

I was struggling with red blood cell issues (basically anemic) for quite awhile but it seems to be picking up. Just started eating more protein and varying my diet a bit (adding in iron rich foods like beans). Took a couple of months, but she seems pleased with the results.

So overall, I can't complain too much. Waiting on an appointment with the Perinatologist (high risk pregnancy doc) to get some tests and to have a talk with her about babies. My rheumy seems to think everything is fine, but my GP wants to make sure I see her before getting pregnant, so I guess we will see. I turn 27 this year, and have been married for almost 4 years, so it's about time I think

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast