Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hi! Guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there. Don't know if you've read my 'Weggie story' but similar to yours except I wasn't diagnosed until I was admitted to hospital, put on life support, family called in as might not make it through the night, moved to a renal unit, dialysis, blood transfusions, kidney core biopsy, plasma exchange more blood transfusions then shipped to a third hospital. Don't let medics tell you how you feel. Be adamant, forceful and question their diagnosis if you need to. The alternative can be fatal - almost was for me. That condescending Pratt who patted you on the leg could have killed you through ignorance. You go girl, well done you for taking the initiative.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if I had not been so sick I would have done something - at least turned him into the Board. I did tell everyone about him and told them "I wouldn't take my dog to him"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reetsky View Post
    Sorry Anne, yes the photograph in my info area is me but the Angel is a picture I found on the 'net'. Don't be afraid to ask me anything, will always answer where I can.
    No problem, Reetsky, I just didn't want to assume that it either was or wasn't you. I have yet to see the pic in your info area.... will make a point of doing that! You can bet the Angel got the attention of a lot of us.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure whether it was the same gland as yours, Meredith, but right around the time my saddle nose appeared, my parotid gland, near the lower front of the ear, got all swollen up. So I had two reasons to go to the ENT I'd been seeing for a couple years; he took biopsies on the spot both of the parotid gland and the nasal septum, which led to my positive dx for Wegs. I never heard whether the gland had evidence of Wegs in it, but at least I knew it wasn't cancer, and the swelling died down soon after that, maybe after I started the Wegs drugs, I don't remember, but I was already on prednisone so had a head start.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    No problem, Reetsky, I just didn't want to assume that it either was or wasn't you. I have yet to see the pic in your info area.... will make a point of doing that! You can bet the Angel got the attention of a lot of us.
    Reetsky, I just looked at your sideways pic in your info section and you are apparently a woman (a nice looking one, too)! I apologize, I don't know where I got the idea you were a man. Our Weggie minds get confused sometimes, as do some of us who aren't Weggies! And yes, the Angel is VERY dishy!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. Definitely a woman and thank you for the compliment; gratefully received. I chose the angel 'cause this is how I would like to imagine him. A strong body to defend me and fight my corner. Muscley arms to catch me when I fall and put me back on my feet again. Soft downie wings to surround me and comfort me when I need shelter and nice to look at so he makes me smile. It is said that angels don't have a gender but I've taken a little poetic licence!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Reetsky, I just looked at your sideways pic in your info section and you are apparently a woman (a nice looking one, too)! I apologize, I don't know where I got the idea you were a man. Our Weggie minds get confused sometimes, as do some of us who aren't Weggies! And yes, the Angel is VERY dishy!
    Hi Anne. Im so glad that you are so honest.
    to tell the truth, I also thought reetsky is a boy because of the avatar and the sound of the name "reetsky". but I thought that I was mistaken because English is not my language.

Reetsky, I like your writing
    Last edited by Alysia; 07-25-2013 at 03:59 PM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, me too
    Sorry Reetsky.

I would put the other picture - cute you
    (except you are sideways)
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Hi Anne. Im so glad that you are so honest.
    to tell the truth, I also thought reetsky is a boy because of the avatar and the sound of the name "reetsky". but I thought that I was mistaken because English is not my language.

Reetsky, I like your writing
    peoples avatars can be very strange peoples avatars can be very misleading, I don't think Michelle is Kermit the frog and Anne is a lilly. My damn keybaord is broken and types where and what it wants. Sorry for the mix up. The person chosen in the avatar is very strong yet soft at the same time and I can see it would be comforting we can't tell by you name if you are male of female. It just didn't seem to make any difference. You are Reetski and we love you. Young old, male or female. Most people domn't put a resemblance of them selves as an avatar but I finally did with the help of my family and my horse. She over shadows me. I also like your writing.
    Whether girl or guy the picture is very eye catching. I never said anything because
    My blog: Animo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in remission! However, will be on immunosuppressants for life, Oh! Joy!! Here's hoping no flares

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast