Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello There

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello There

Joined site today. Was diagnosed with Wegeners (now known as GPA) and stage 5 CKD a year ago but still not stabilised as toxic meds keep lowering WBC count! Anyway, hope to learn more and share new acquaintances.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Reetsky and welcome to the forum.

We would love to hear how your "crazy" year has been. What meds you are taking, what doctors you are seeing etc.
    Are you on the kidney transplant list, what other organs are affected.......wow, lots of questions

Here's the big one - where are you from?

Actually it doesn't really matter about all of the above - I'm just glad you are here
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Michelle
    Nice to talk to you. Just put story on forum, it's a long one!! I'm from Scotland.

Happy Trails,
    Reetsky.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aha! I just welcomed someone from Ireland and told him I knew there were others from the British Isles on the forum, but I wasn't sure about Scotland. Now I know better! Welcome to the best place for any info about Wegeners. I'm sorry about the CKD. That is a double whammy. Check the Weggies Map link at top of page to see if anyone from Scotland might have added their name to it. It can be great to communicate with other Weggies nearby or meet them in person. Looking forward to reading your story. Long ones are fine.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Aha! I just welcomed someone from Ireland and told him I knew there were others from the British Isles on the forum, but I wasn't sure about Scotland. Now I know better! Welcome to the best place for any info about Wegeners. I'm sorry about the CKD. That is a double whammy. Check the Weggies Map link at top of page to see if anyone from Scotland might have added their name to it. It can be great to communicate with other Weggies nearby or meet them in person. Looking forward to reading your story. Long ones are fine.
    Just wanted to say that I love your new avatar anne
    - just gorgeous.

(notice I didn't mention what the avatar is, that way when you want to change it, to a picture of you or something - it will still say "just gorgeous")
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS