User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Close Encounters of the Weggie Kind!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    What a great pic Geoff,looks like everyone was having a grand time. How did the vasculitisis meeting go ?
    Michelle,you have your share of weggies on that side of the pond also !!!
    Hi Debra, the meeting went swimmingly and thats not a reference to the thunderstorm and torrential rainstorm and flooding that occured whilst we were in the hotel! I managed to take a few notes and I will sit down and start a thread. Not a huge amount that I can report as the Vasculitis lecture carried a lot of slides, and of course a picture tells a thousand words!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Alysia, sad to report no Forum members in the photo. I guess a majority of the Weggies I have met over here go onto the Vasculitis UK site for info/gossip and med stuff. We all look well because this was taken after drinks and a slap up meal!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talk about Close Encounters of the Weggie kind
    Who would have though that I would ever get to meet a weggie, all the way from the UK, in Australia
    Geoff, myself and Geoff's wife Linda caught up in Melbourne today, and after many hours of talking, regrettably had to say our goodbyes
    You know how we knew that we had been talking for many hours the throat started to get tickly and you need some water to drink, just to help you keep talking. Everyone must know this feeling, right

As Geoff said at the very beginning of this thread - meeting up with a fellow 'weggie' gives a real buzz and is a positive and rewarding experience.
    I thank the illness that I got given (WG) especially for the wonderful people that I get to talk to each day and also for the amazing, strong people that I have had the absolute honour to meet along the way. That's what I call and awesome experience

Thank you Geoff and Linda

This is Geoff and myself, before we had to say goodbye. Enjoy the rest of your holidays guys.

geoff weggie.jpg
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, just reading that and seeing the pic gives me a bit of the "buzz". It's so awesome that you two got to meet and talk. And are either of you sure you are sick? You both look great.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    And are either of you sure you are sick? You both look great.
    Not at all Anne.
    I looked this condition up in a medical dictionary some years ago and thought, 'what an awesome way to meet up with some amazing people from all over the world'
    ........and so it began, my pretending to be sick with a crazy disease

........and then I woke up, and the dream was over and reality set in

Thankyou for saying such lovely words though

But you are correct, we even said it yesterday, how people would never know from looking at us. Thank goodness looks are deceiving
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's just the old "you don't look sick" joke, getting pretty worn out by now.... but you DO both look fabulous.... I'm thinking Geoff might even be in med-free remission, if I remember right, and you look equally as well as he does. So, looks may not be all that deceiving.

It would be better if none of us had gotten sick, but since we did, we might as well enjoy the positive aspects of it, courtesy of the internet and people like Andrew and the great folks on this forum! If I hadn't gotten sick, I'd surely have missed out on getting to know some of the best people in the world. The friendships have meant the world to many of us just in terms of dealing with the disease and feeling less alone with it. But it goes way beyond that, which clearly shows in the faces of you and Geoff!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    ........and so it began, my pretending to be sick with a crazy disease
    Why can I only push the like button once?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love this idea! Unfortunately I'm in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and since my diagnosis I haven't met any Weggies Any ideas??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erin2014 View Post
    I love this idea! Unfortunately I'm in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and since my diagnosis I haven't met any Weggies Any ideas??
    I think someone from Ontario just posted for the first time... check the New Member Introductions. And there are others in eastern Canada. Check the Weggie Map linked in blue at top of page and see who has placed a pin from that general area. I know there are distances involved, but there might be a way....
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Well, it's just the old "you don't look sick" joke, getting pretty worn out by now.... but you DO both look fabulous.... I'm thinking Geoff might even be in med-free remission, if I remember right, and you look equally as well as he does. So, looks may not be all that deceiving.

It would be better if none of us had gotten sick, but since we did, we might as well enjoy the positive aspects of it, courtesy of the internet and people like Andrew and the great folks on this forum! If I hadn't gotten sick, I'd surely have missed out on getting to know some of the best people in the world. The friendships have meant the world to many of us just in terms of dealing with the disease and feeling less alone with it. But it goes way beyond that, which clearly shows in the faces of you and Geoff!
    Thank you beautiful lady

As I said, I wouldn't change having WG at all, for the amazing people (all of you guys reading this) that I have met or hope to meet one day.

Geoff had another dose of RTX just before he left for holidays, so he probably looks like he has magic gold flowing through him but I agree, he looks wonderful.

You would appreciate this Anne ............. Geoff is so tall, compared to us
    He had to bend down, to give me a hug.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast