User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Close Encounters of the Weggie Kind!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish we could set up a big meet and greet! Find somewhere and see who can come. As I know traveling can be difficult with some of us I understand that the logistics of it all are probably not possible but ... a girl can dream. It would be so nice to have a big party!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiNicole View Post
    I wish we could set up a big meet and greet! Find somewhere and see who can come. As I know traveling can be difficult with some of us I understand that the logistics of it all are probably not possible but ... a girl can dream. It would be so nice to have a big party!
    When some here wins a big lottery, and wants to splurge we could all meet somewhere on a nice cruise for a week retreat. Hire a couple speakers and make it tax deductible.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    When some here wins a big lottery, and wants to splurge we could all meet somewhere on a nice cruise for a week retreat. Hire a couple speakers and make it tax deductible.
    Yeah, as long as its only US on the cruise..... we need to be careful with cruises.

Nikki, you must be feeling better to be suggesting a party!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like an absolutely wonderful idea!!!!!!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Yeah, as long as its only US on the cruise..... we need to be careful with cruises.

Nikki, you must be feeling better to be suggesting a party!
    Big companies and organization do it all the time in chartering a yacht just for their use. With enough money some one could even buy the boat if needed and create a floating Weggie hospital for us all. I know of one boat that just does operations for mainly dental deformities in poor countries and they use donated staff time to do so at least according to the fund raiser blurb they sent me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"When some here wins a big lottery, and wants to splurge we could all meet somewhere on a nice cruise for a week retreat"

My parents always buy me and my wife 2 lottery tickets every week. Last year, while we were on holiday, they continued buy our weekly tickets. When we returned, we popped down to their house with a few gifts from Spain. My Dad calmly said, "Oh, here's your tickets for while you were away". He put teletext on TV and went to the lottery results page. I got the hint and checked the numbers - we had 5 (the UK lottery pays out on 3, 4, or 5 numbers, with 6 being the Jackpot). I was so excited. I knew it wouldn't be millions, like the jackpot, but guessed about £100,000 or at least £10.000's.
    We had had the house on sale for months without much interest and I thought, at last we can reduced the asking price and have enough left over to get a nice house with a garden (we don't have any out door space at the moment). It turned out that we had won £1,500 give or take a few pounds. It was still a lot of money for us, but not enough for me to organise a worldwide Weggie party, or a new house.
    Please don't think I wasn't grateful, as I was.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilders View Post
    "When some here wins a big lottery, and wants to splurge we could all meet somewhere on a nice cruise for a week retreat"

My parents always buy me and my wife 2 lottery tickets every week. Last year, while we were on holiday, they continued buy our weekly tickets. When we returned, we popped down to their house with a few gifts from Spain. My Dad calmly said, "Oh, here's your tickets for while you were away". He put teletext on TV and went to the lottery results page. I got the hint and checked the numbers - we had 5 (the UK lottery pays out on 3, 4, or 5 numbers, with 6 being the Jackpot). I was so excited. I knew it wouldn't be millions, like the jackpot, but guessed about £100,000 or at least £10.000's.
    We had had the house on sale for months without much interest and I thought, at last we can reduced the asking price and have enough left over to get a nice house with a garden (we don't have any out door space at the moment). It turned out that we had won £1,500 give or take a few pounds. It was still a lot of money for us, but not enough for me to organise a worldwide Weggie party, or a new house.
    Please don't think I wasn't grateful, as I was.
    All you needed was about five more zeros and it would have worked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hands across the Water!! West coast of America to Eastern England!!

Great fun yesterday when Sam (Freaky) and I (Geoff) got to meet up with Vdub (on the left) when he was visiting our part of the world!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome! You all look great!

Just yesterday, I got my second Weggie encounter with Kirk (me2) who came by my house and we had a long conversation about.. what else, Wegener's!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a great pic and it's not raining !!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast