Quote Originally Posted by Barry Forshaw View Post
Given how crucial an early diagnosis of Wegener's Disease can be it should definitely be on the doctor's mind from the outset. From what I've seen it seems to be a common story that sufferer's have to fight for their diagnosis and that's not right!
Yes, a very common story. It seems to me than anyone with ongoing and uncharacteristic nasal, sinus, ear problems should be tested for WG after a few months if not sooner. For lungs, I'd say the same thing, like if someone has constant asthma and coughing that can't be pinpointed to a certain cause. In my case the sinus stuff was what dragged on and on and the lung stuff was what became alarming fast enough to get someone's attention so that WG was suggested as a possibility. The same with joint pain, I'd guess, but as for kidney involvement, I don't know enough about it to know what any early warning signs would be. I guess that's what's good about most of us having more than one type of involvement, it increases the chances that someone will make the connection.

It would seem that WG and Vasculitis in general are gaining a bit more attention these days as more people are diagnosed. I hope this will lead to more people getting an earlier dx.