Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: swine flu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I know the swine flu seems to affect the young more than us geezers, as far as I know no old people died as yet in contrast to a regular flu which prays on old people. But me to if I'm to go might as well be quick.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I've had a rough week, but here in the UK have had the full 'swine flu treatment' and I'm now smiling again. Just.

The Rognon - Swine 'Flu

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Where did that "9" come from? Something to do with nine lives?

I think you'll have to go to Dan Brown (is it?) or Nicholas Cage for some guidance on the "thi9nk" mystery. As a Presbyterian, I don't ordinarily cavort with Jesuits, Knights of the Templar, Crusaders in general, curators in any known museums, CIA, M-16, KGB-wannabes, known terrorists or unknown terrorists, people with extraordinary skills of detection or perception (including those who are psychic, ESP-proficient, clairvoyant, or otherwise associated with UFOs or any known green, grey, or blue wee folks not of our parts), those who experience "speaking in tongues" or just have a fork in their tongues. Of course, I have a wide range of interests and friends, so I can't deny, totally, that I might sometimes have contact with those above. Whilst I neglected to mention the Pope, I do note that I travelled widely in Germany during my US Army days as a motion picture photographer, so you can't know if I didn't have contact with him in another circumst5ance, presumably cloaked in mystery, and associated with the Mayan Calender and the coming end of all things. Perhaps there is a clue in this posting. Perhaps not. I like Peugeot cars, though probably will never own one. A Citroen, too, is a quirky ride (an engineer's delight, I'd think!). I mention these as a possible connection to Paris, where I spent some holiday time, Strasbourg (ditto), ,and Forbach and the Restaurant Pigeon Blanc, where I ate lambchops sauted in butter with garlic: I sucked the bones dry! I chewed till my teeth hurt! They were a delight! Saarbrueken, across the border from Forbach, where I sat reading Der Stern.... "Faerht deiser Zug nach Kaiserslautern", the lady asked mysteriously, as the coach faced France. "Ja, hoffentlich!" I responded, glad my part of the conversation matched, largely, one from my 1st year German text at university, and it didn't require a great deal of liguistic agility.
    Last edited by Doug; 07-12-2009 at 10:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for clearing that up.

I think I've mentioned your medication balance in the past?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doug, you got a still in your back yard.
    john.

Doug Guest

Exclamation

Not to alarm, but my usual (not to be confused with my "new normal") is pretty much what you encounter here. No drugs (legal or illegal, in extraordinary or normal dosages), no libations (whether in extraordinary or normal dosages) are necessary for me to go into these flights of fancy: I enjoy a good tale, and an amplified, slightly non-sequitured (sorry for the construction!) tale is all the better, the taller the better. It's a form of free association for the amusement of any who care to take the ride!

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crackers View Post
    doug, you got a still in your back yard.
    john.
    I am the son of a chief of police, and honor his memory by keeping my dealings with the law on a friendly basis and my behavior within the expectations of the law: no stills for me!
    Last edited by Doug; 07-12-2009 at 10:54 AM.

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up.

I think I've mentioned your medication balance in the past?
    Several years ago, a biker family (as in "Born To Be Wild", not 10-speed riders) lived next door to us. Oh, their cat was a bit of a scamp, setting up a feeding station where I fed wild birds, but the rest were pleasant if a bit overly decorated in tattoos for the quiet neighborhood where I lived. One day, their little girl, about 10, came outside wearing a t-shirt: "Reality is for people who can't handle their drugs." I suggest the truth is more like "Drugs are for people who can't handle reality." The soonest I can get off drugs, the better! That is my mantra: "no drugs, no drugs, no drugs".
    Last edited by Doug; 07-12-2009 at 10:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    "no drugs, no drugs, no drugs".
    Those were the days! I wish I could manage without the damn things now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack and John, you both had me splitting my sides laughing over your comments above. Boy have I missed that. You know when you read all this, it really does sound like a family sitting around a kitchen table, everyone teasing each other, catching up on each other's lives, etc....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast