User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana cannabis: any beneficial results?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Alysia, I am neither for or against the use of mj.

I personally would not use it and wouldn't suggest anyone else does, but it is not for me to actually tell them not to.
    If it works for them, then that is excellent and worth sticking too.
    It is just not my thing and I feel that I have enough chemicals and crap being put into my body, that I don't really want to add anything else.
    - but each to their own.

I was just repeating what my doc said.....let's worry about getting the immune system right.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Sorry Alysia, I am neither for or against the use of mj.

I personally would not use it and wouldn't suggest anyone else does, but it is not for me to actually tell them not to.
    If it works for them, then that is excellent and worth sticking too.
    It is just not my thing and I feel that I have enough chemicals and crap being put into my body, that I don't really want to add anything else.
    - but each to their own.

I was just repeating what my doc said.....let's worry about getting the immune system right.
    Hi Michelle. I know that you are not taking any side in the debate.
    my thanks is for your citing of your doc.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never used MJ ever. I'm simply wanting to explore the potential of every possible avenue. I have the highest regard and respect for every opinion provided on this blog and for those contributing. I do emphasise that my interest is not in smoking MJ but rather in using it as a mendicant ,most likely in the form of an oil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never come across an MD that is pro MJ.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I have never come across an MD that is pro MJ.
    There must be some MDs that think MJ is OK, otherwise they would not be writing people prescriptions to get medical MJ cards. I have no idea what the percentage might be of docs who would do this versus those who wouldn't. I have a friend with a card and I know nothing about her doctor; I think hers is not for an AI disease but some sort of neurological disorder.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many states or places actually prescribe THC in plant or synthetic form. Earlier here it was noted it is used mainly to manage chronic pain in terminal cancer and maybe anxiety disorders and a few other medical problems. Any use as a medicine for other problems would need a lot more research to become accepted by mainstream medicine practice. It might help to remember there is lot of anecdotal support for all kinds of medical treatment scams so it would require some or a lot of valid research to become more accepted.

There are according to Wikipedia several areas that are worth researching: It also answered my question about legality in different states and countries:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_cannabis
    Last edited by drz; 07-06-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a video on Utube entitled "Leaf". It's well worth a look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not used any myself but have several friends who both smoke and use cannabis oil.

I think it's the oil that's really interesting and would love to see some "official" - truly independent studies done to see what it actually does to different diseases.

I would say that one of the biggest reason why we don't hear much about it from official sources is that big pharmaceutical companies would seriously struggle to make any money on the oil if it was proven to help cure/relieve illnesses. Since its something that you can grow and produce relatively easily at home by yourself, so why would these global, money focused companies want to spend money researching and developing something that they could never really regulate?

As for the use of MJ for medical/pain management purposes, of course it can have side effects for some people but compare it to the side effects of other strong painkillers? There are extremely addictive and life altering pain medicines out there that some people are reliant on, surely it would be worth trying something that is all natural instead of having to rely on chemically produced toxins?

Overall, I think we need a lot more scientific research into various natural herbs, plants, animals etc. There is so much out there that could potentially be something life saving that we know nothing about at the moment because of these global multi-billion companies and political interests.
    Not that long ago scientists discovered that black mamba venom has an effect as a painkiller that is about as potent as morphine but doesn't have the side effects.
    I just think we really need to look to nature for more medicines in the future and it would be a shame if potential profits would stop that development.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malin View Post
    I have not used any myself but have several friends who both smoke and use cannabis oil.

I think it's the oil that's really interesting and would love to see some "official" - truly independent studies done to see what it actually does to different diseases.

I would say that one of the biggest reason why we don't hear much about it from official sources is that big pharmaceutical companies would seriously struggle to make any money on the oil if it was proven to help cure/relieve illnesses. Since its something that you can grow and produce relatively easily at home by yourself, so why would these global, money focused companies want to spend money researching and developing something that they could never really regulate?

As for the use of MJ for medical/pain management purposes, of course it can have side effects for some people but compare it to the side effects of other strong painkillers? There are extremely addictive and life altering pain medicines out there that some people are reliant on, surely it would be worth trying something that is all natural instead of having to rely on chemically produced toxins?

Overall, I think we need a lot more scientific research into various natural herbs, plants, animals etc. There is so much out there that could potentially be something life saving that we know nothing about at the moment because of these global multi-billion companies and political interests.
    Not that long ago scientists discovered that black mamba venom has an effect as a painkiller that is about as potent as morphine but doesn't have the side effects.
    I just think we really need to look to nature for more medicines in the future and it would be a shame if potential profits would stop that development.
    this is precisely what I've been trying to say. There are numerous utube/blogs indicating the efficacy of MJ oil, far too many to be ignored.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Mikek, I haven't talked to you in awhile...How's Jenny doing ?

And I also agree with everything Malin had to say,it would put the pharmacutical business out of business.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast