User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Marijuana cannabis: any beneficial results?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, thank you, Kirk. You have really done and are doing your "homework" on this subject. How cool that you and Al had talked about it and how sad that he is no longer able to participate in the discussion. Anything I say on the subject of MJ is completely off the top of my head and sort of a gut reaction, not really based on any comprehensive knowledge but more on my experience with it and identification with the culture of people who used it for "mind-expanding" purposes. I didn't use a lot and was a "lightweight", though for awhile definitely sought it out as a part of my daily life. I have some negative feelings about how people I've known have overused it and let it impede their progress in life. Yet others have continued to use it without that being a problem. As part of the baby boomer generation, I tend to jump to the defense of MJ use whether I choose to use it currently or not. I'm kind of proud of my state for having legalized possession of small amounts for personal non-medical use. But I'm also a bit suspicious of those who've gotten medical MJ cards when they might really be most interested in the psychoactive effects. Obviously, my feelings on the subject are complicated. But this latest talk of the medical benefits adds a whole new dimension to it, and it is nice that people such as you are really delving into the realities and possibilities of it through exhaustive research and not just talking about it and fantasizing about it. I hope something very positive comes of it for people with AI and other hard to treat conditions.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This subject is getting alot of attention and rightfully so, it is a very interesting plant and has had alot of contraversies over the years. I myself have experimented and used MJ at one time or another in my life,(but I didn't inhale). I did mention to one of my drs. that I used to smoke it for awhile. She didn't even look up from her charting. I have been around it with all types of people and have seen some that are over the edge on it. I think that any wegs person smoking or overdoing it wouldn't be a good idea. Always do everything in moderation (even as was dicussed in another thread WATER). It does in fact have medicinal purposes,I have used it for pain,relaxation and solidtude when I needed it over the years. I had a really hard time quitting smoking cigs after dx and used leaf to get off of cigs. There are two sides to every story!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

m2, your investigation is interesting and very impressing. I will be glad to read more about it.
    MJ helped the girl in "leaf". But - if it is such a miraculous substance, why wouldn’t we hear about more and more such cases all over the world?
    Investigating MJ's beneficial influence, as a herb, is as good as investigating any other herb.
    I think it has "extra power" which is a fantasy, emanating from 1. The fact that it is, or was, forbidden. 2. The relaxed and painless state of mind it can cause in some people.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    m2, your investigation is interesting and very impressing. I will be glad to read more about it.
    MJ helped the girl in "leaf". But - if it is such a miraculous substance, why wouldn’t we hear about more and more such cases all over the world?
    Investigating MJ's beneficial influence, as a herb, is as good as investigating any other herb.
    I think it has "extra power" which is a fantasy, emanating from 1. The fact that it is, or was, forbidden. 2. The relaxed and painless state of mind it can cause in some people.
    Assuming that it is indeed very helpful medically, whether "miraculous" or not, we ARE hearing more and more about it. These things take time and as someone pointed out, there is not necessarily big money to be made on publicizing it if people can grow and juice their own. There are a lot of helpful herbs out there that people use for various things but their uses are not all everyday common knowledge. There IS such a thing as the placebo effect, where people think something helps just because they want to believe it does. But that can be true of any herbal or other remedy and doesn't negate any true healing properties the substance may have. If this juicing technique really works and bypasses the psychoactive properties of the drug, then maybe we can get past that whole aspect of it which includes the "forbidden" pleasure and any other of the notorious effects on people's state of mind caused by smoking the plant. This would be a good thing, because a lot of people would want the healing properties, if they exist, without the psychoactive properties. You can count me among those. While I enjoyed the "high" somewhat as a young person, at this point I'd rather receive any purported health benefits without that part of it, if it was possible.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Assuming that it is indeed very helpful medically, whether "miraculous" or not, we ARE hearing more and more about it. These things take time and as someone pointed out, there is not necessarily big money to be made on publicizing it if people can grow and juice their own. There are a lot of helpful herbs out there that people use for various things but their uses are not all everyday common knowledge. There IS such a thing as the placebo effect, where people think something helps just because they want to believe it does. But that can be true of any herbal or other remedy and doesn't negate any true healing properties the substance may have. If this juicing technique really works and bypasses the psychoactive properties of the drug, then maybe we can get past that whole aspect of it which includes the "forbidden" pleasure and any other of the notorious effects on people's state of mind caused by smoking the plant. This would be a good thing, because a lot of people would want the healing properties, if they exist, without the psychoactive properties. You can count me among those. While I enjoyed the "high" somewhat as a young person, at this point I'd rather receive any purported health benefits without that part of it, if it was possible.
    Here in Australia, if I allow cannabis to be grown on our property, I am considered to be a criminal. Although known to be a bit outspoken and somewhat loopy, I'm a law abiding person. So what do I do? I want to grow a few plants to experiment with juicing to see if I can help my wegswife with her condition and maybe try some myself. I could easily hide a dozen plants amongst trees. Do I need a particular strain of seed or shall I use what bong heads use? Wonder if ill end up in jail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't think that it was illegal in Australia if it was used for medicinal purposes and you had a card for it. I thought people who suffered from MS, for example, could get it prescribed. It couldn't hurt to ask your doctor.

Also they don't throw you in jail if the amount you have is small enough to show that it is for personal use and not for sale purposes.

You may need to move to Byron Bay, though

I could be wrong and maybe I have just been watching too many police shows.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    I didn't think that it was illegal in Australia if it was used for medicinal purposes and you had a card for it. I thought people who suffered from MS, for example, could get it prescribed. It couldn't hurt to ask your doctor.

Also they don't throw you in jail if the amount you have is small enough to show that it is for personal use and not for sale purposes.

You may need to move to Byron Bay, though

I could be wrong and maybe I have just been watching too many police shows.
    I didn't know that I grow pot legally must look into it. It's interesting that you mention Byron Bay because we've been talking about moving to that area ( Ballina) for a decade or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikek View Post
    I didn't know that I grow pot legally must look into it. It's interesting that you mention Byron Bay because we've been talking about moving to that area ( Ballina) for a decade or so.
    It's a criminal offence in Tasmania. I just checked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since looking at the "Leaf" Utube video, I've spent three or more hours Googling cannabis use. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of evidence supporting the medicinal use of Marijuana. I can't understand why this is not more widely known.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not use it. Just talk to your naturopath about it.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast