User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marijuana cannabis: any beneficial results?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    I was working 11 years in psychiatric hospital and I saw terrible things that this "innocent" canabis can cause: psychosis, depression, mania, anxiety attacs, deterioration of memory, of desire, of vitality. and more. my suggestion: dont use it.
    One would expect that IN a psych ward...c'mon...I assume most of us are not in one...well, maybe I should be in one...but hey, not into all the 'romantic' this is bad for you that is bad for you...if anything, I'm bad for me! Grow up, drugs are not the problem...they are what are keeping us alive...it's not the drugs, it's the people...as in a psych hospital...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    One would expect that IN a psych ward...c'mon...I assume most of us are not in one...well, maybe I should be in one...but hey, not into all the 'romantic' this is bad for you that is bad for you...if anything, I'm bad for me! Grow up, drugs are not the problem...they are what are keeping us alive...it's not the drugs, it's the people...as in a psych hospital...
    no Don. some of the people there reached the hospital after using canabis for the first time. it is working on the brain. and nobody really knows what is going on in brain. I work as clinical psychologist and I have enough experience with patients, not only in hospital. I can tell you that this can cause damage also with people who are not in hospital. It can cause anxiety, depression, damage to short term memory, damage to concentration (for drivers it risks life). and more.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for you...the drugs are still not the problem...people are...we're flawed, inept, worse than senseless things. Don't blame an inert piece of matter when it's us who, for better or worse, make choices, known and unknown...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is another way. The medical value of cannabis is only beginning to be explored. Juicing raw cannabis allows one to take very large quantities and it is in non psychoactive form. You get zero high. It is like juicing wheat grass.
    There are also other non psychoactive forms available here in my state.
    Check out this video. Look at the picture of Kristen when she was very sick and on prednisone. To me it was like looking in a mirror.
    There is a lot of grass roots (no pun intended) research being done on the medical value of juicing. Dr Courtney in this video has seen several thousand patients for a wide range of disorders.
    There has also been a large amount of hard science research done on some of the compounds. Some of them have been patented.
    Leaf - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Israel is one of the leading countries in the world in developing medical cannabis.
    Many people become alcoholics after the first drink. For most people moderate alcohol use is beneficial to health. No way to know ahead of time how these things will affect individuals. I know LOTS of people who used large amounts of cannabis for years and never became mentally ill. Does that mean I think its a good idea? No , I do not. I don't like the side effects myself and don't use psychoactive cannabis. I don't think using prednisone is a good idea either but for me it is medicine. Prednisone is bad for you and can cause psychosis. It is a chance I have to take.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never had a problem with it ...none that I can remember !!! I would give it a try if it would help with her pain. I would love to have some of your garlic ..can't get it to grow good here
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikek View Post
    Haha I said that I'd never tried it, which is the truth. I didn't say I'd never grown any, did I? I grow garlic mostly-lovely big purple garlic. No chemicals, no herbicides. Garlic grown in natural compost, big and plump and knock your socks off! And this year I grew red peppers but so crazy hot I don't know what to cook with them. I ve seen maryjane eleven feet tall hiding behind a gum tree but family members ther than myself may have put er there!
    Well, Mike, if you've already got some growing, you should try it! How about this for starters: make some pesto with the leaves, or add some to your basil pesto, and use some of that awesome garlic in there along with the cheese, olive oil, and pine nuts or whatever you use. If there are any flower buds, throw in a little, but watch out! It sounds to me like cooking with weed would be a natural for you.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I think I am going to look into weed. I already know a lot of people that do it.
    You should, Phil! And let us know how you like it!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    I was working 11 years in psychiatric hospital and I saw terrible things that this "innocent" canabis can cause: psychosis, depression, mania, anxiety attacs, deterioration of memory, of desire, of vitality. and more. my suggestion: dont use it.
    Those of us who used it "back in the day" and maybe still do, just do not feel that way about it. Alcohol can cause big problems with some people, too, but we are not saying that no one should use it, ever. I think either of those things could make things a lot worse for someone with existing psychological issues, if abused. I did not work in a psych ward and am not an expert. I do not currently use MJ because it just isn't part of what gets me through the day anymore. But I don't think of it as evil in any way... one must use common sense and exercise some responsibility, and be able to recognize if it is a problem for them just as an alcohol user must do the same thing.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Yes, I know. I was only kidding. I am just depressed today. Sorry.
    Sorry you are depressed, but I think it is OK to consider trying weed some time. You could find that it made your depression worse, in which case you would stop using it. It would be better to try it sometime when you are not depressed, until you get a feel for it. It is not for everyone. I'm not sure it was for me, as it made me more self conscious and withdrawn in a group of people. On the other hand, with people I know and love, it can get some laughter and fun going. It is just not that big of a deal. I knew people who smoked too much and it was boring being around them, and I'm glad I'm not anymore, just like I don't want to be around someone who drinks beer all day. If I had some weed now, I'd probably smoke a very small amount while watching TV before bed. If I decided I don't like the feeling anymore, I just wouldn't do it again. No big deal! If you try it and you don't like it, it will pass! By the way, the late American singer Janis Joplin said she didn't like weed because it made her "think too much". Alcohol was her drug of choice and heroin was what did her in.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast