Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Forshaw View Post
    I think Alicia's stomach is damaged from the sheer amount of medication she was taking previously. Hopefully it will right itself but if that's the worst she will have to live with I'm sure she would take it!
    I suspected that.... some docs, including mine, have been remiss about prescribing or even mentioning acid blockers while on high dose pred. I had to learn about that on here. I get by OK with OTC, generic versions of them. I guess I was lucky. I sure hope in your wife's case there is not permanent damage. I presume the stomach tissues can heal and regenerate themselves with time, and I hope that is the case with her!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a little late in replying to this thread but it's 3 years on and I am pregnant again and I thought other potential mums-to-be might like to know the outcome. I ended up maintaining remission throughout my pregnancy in 2013 and beyond with no complications. My daughter was born at almost 42 weeks (induced, only because she was overdue; 'normal' delivery) and she's now a healthy 2.5 year old.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123