Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pantoprazole side effects

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pantoprazole side effects

Like many of you I take lots of meds and was reading the info with my last pantoprazole (generic Protonix) meds I take for GERD and it struck me that the side effects for many of the meds we take are often the same as our disease. For example pantoprazole can cause joint pain, symptoms of upper respiratory tract infection, bone pain, chest pain, fever, chills, sore throat, red swollen blistered or peeling skin, loss of appetite, unexplained weight loss, vision changes, and many others. I had all of these symptoms before I was diagnosed with Wegs. So maybe I never had Wegs after all, just some side effects of pantoprazole I was taking for GERD, right?

The numerous side effects of all our meds do however make it difficult and confusing at times to sort out what is the Wegs acting up and what is a side effect of our meds. Many of my other meds also have similar list of side effects that also sound a lot like my Wegs activity. After you have been on the same meds for awhile, I think it gets easier to differentiate between side effects and flares.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always thought the same thing.

Isn't that why we take other medications to counteract the side effects of the other medications we take that supposedly eleviate the original symptoms .......that just happen to be the same as the side effects
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS