Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anemia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anemia

The last few days my legs feel as if they have lead in them and I get very tired and out of breath doing the simplest thing I have very bad anemia, a little Iron and I should be Ok again. It just seems that lots of little things keep creeping in now before you get rid of the first things. I finally have my wits about me after the Ketimine treatment, it took about 1 month; small cost I think for being pain free. I will have to wait and see how long that lasts
    My blog: Animo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara N View Post
    The last few days my legs feel as if they have lead in them and I get very tired and out of breath doing the simplest thing I have very bad anemia, a little Iron and I should be Ok again. It just seems that lots of little things keep creeping in now before you get rid of the first things. I finally have my wits about me after the Ketimine treatment, it took about 1 month; small cost I think for being pain free. I will have to wait and see how long that lasts
    How bad is the anemia. I had to have many blood transfusions during initial treatment. After I had too many transfusion then Epiogen shots were order as the prescribed treatment if my HgB got into single digits to see if that would boost the red cell production. That must have really scared my body because then the anemia slowly got better and I didn't get the shots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My blood level count is at 3 and 2 is coma so it's pretty bad. Last time I had to have four transfusions to get my cell count up to 5 All of you have the correct termenoligy for all of this stuff, sorry I don't because one, I could tell you in Spanish but also they don't tend to tell you here

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara N View Post
    My blood level count is at 3 and 2 is coma so it's pretty bad. Last time I had to have four transfusions to get my cell count up to 5 All of you have the correct termenoligy for all of this stuff, sorry I don't because one, I could tell you in Spanish but also they don't tend to tell you here
    It sounds like you don't get copies of your lab results. Must make it hard to follow or monitor your progress and situation.My HgB today was 14.8 which is great since I remember when it was down in mid single digits and not being able to function very well till it got up to at least 10. If you are using same scale as my doctors I don't see how you can even be up and posting here. I would be in the hospital getting transfusions non-stop at your levels.

I did some more research and found such low levels are not real rare and if the drop was gradual people can learn to sort of adjust to such low levels but won't feel very good. It said there is no absolute number for when a coma occurs but such low levels can be dangerous. A sudden drop to such levels probably means you are close to bleeding to death. You must feel horrible with such low HgB levels.
    Last edited by drz; 06-13-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barbara,it's good to hear from you again but why are you not in the hospital if yours numbers are so bad??? Please don't wait to long to get things right
    By the way...how is the horse training coming along ?
    Animo !
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps it would be good to consider doing the injections for the anemia that you mentioned at your other post.

Hope you get better soon!

Hope

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I have ever been in double digits, 8 or 9 has always been my norm but this has been really scary so I will work really hare to get it to double digits and keep it there. I am having a transfusion on Tuesday if my results aren't any better after my tests on Monday I'm starting to feel better already, not strong but mentally stronger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a terrible fear of the needle. After all of my operations the thing that still scares me the most is the needle but I guess if I have to decide between coma or injection, I'll take the injections.