Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plantar Fasciitis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Plantar Fasciitis

It started as an ankle pain when I got out of bed during the night or first thing in the morning that would limit me even walking for a few minutes. Then it progressed to severe pain to my heel and back of my foot. Man, it’s painful. I went to the doctor, just in case it was something I had done without knowing it.

After x-rays and an exam, it’s Plantar Fasciitis and possibly Achilles Tendonitis. My doc says it can happen for many reasons such as not wearing the proper shoes (I have a bad habit of wearing flip flops when it’s nice), weight gain (check) and even long term prednisone use (check).

Anyone else have this issue? I’m in a walking boot and doing stretches and hoping to stay away from a cortisone injection to the foot.
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I have had similar issues with my feet. I have found it very important to have supportive footwear. I have custom orthotics for my shoes in the winter and in the summer I discovered Orthoheel a brand of supportive flip-flop/ sandals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HopeinTN View Post
    It started as an ankle pain when I got out of bed during the night or first thing in the morning that would limit me even walking for a few minutes. Then it progressed to severe pain to my heel and back of my foot. Man, it’s painful. I went to the doctor, just in case it was something I had done without knowing it.

After x-rays and an exam, it’s Plantar Fasciitis and possibly Achilles Tendonitis. My doc says it can happen for many reasons such as not wearing the proper shoes (I have a bad habit of wearing flip flops when it’s nice), weight gain (check) and even long term prednisone use (check).

Anyone else have this issue? I’m in a walking boot and doing stretches and hoping to stay away from a cortisone injection to the foot.
    I would be skeptical about this diagnosis as I got treated for it for several months before I was diagnosed with Wegs. Funny thing all the so call plantar fasciitis symptoms disappeared once I started treatment for Wegs and have not returned. I acquired a huge basket full of braces and supports and did Physical Therapy too with no results. Part of the problem turned out to be a broken ankle and I think the rest was Wegs and neuropathy symptoms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will try the orthoheel for sure. Thanks lolsen!

Drz- That's interesting. I have been told I have poly neuropathy in both feet but that feeling subsided (frost bite and burning) and this is an altogether different feeling/pain. It's classic PF from what my dr. said and what I've read. I hope it's not Wegs since I'm on month 17 of CTX/Pred/Bactrim. Thanks for the info.

Ugghh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had this years ago from standing on hard flooring and I managed to cure it completely. I did two things: firstly, I got shaped arch supports fitted into my shoes and secondly, I exorsized my feet arches by sitting and rolling a beer bottle under them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once I can kick the meds and drink more beer, I should have no problem having extra beer bottles! Currently, I'm using a golf ball. It's a horrible pain and annoying almost like a tooth ache under your foot. It even hurts when I'm not standing on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lolsen View Post
    Yes, I have had similar issues with my feet. I have found it very important to have supportive footwear. I have custom orthotics for my shoes in the winter and in the summer I discovered Orthoheel a brand of supportive flip-flop/ sandals.
    i have a pair of these and also find them to be good. They are easy to find online. I don't have plantar's fasciitis but have had weak arches all my life and now have bunions, not from wearing tight shoes but because I inherited the tendency. The orthotic sandals and other quality shoes with plenty of arch support and room in the toe box do help a lot with the occasional pain. I have read on the Orthoheel site that many foot problems can be traced to weak arches. Of course, having Wegs adds to the incidence of most of these problems.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it is a horrid pain but it will go away. Use a food can if you don't have beer bottes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had achilles tendonitis with pain that shot up my leg and also caused ankle pain, I limped around everywhere....... but it all stopped once I was diagnosed with WG and started on the pred.....and like drz, it has not returned (**she touches wood**)

I hope the pain goes away soon
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks gang. Actually I woke up this morning and it seems to be better. I could walk to the bathroom without whencing in pain or stumbling. It's a start.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast