Thread: Good news and bad news

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Good news and bad news

Hi Folks,

Well I have good news and bad news.. I will go for the good news first.

Good news is; I am down to 2.5mg pred and doing alright. Still sore some days; but really not too bad. I can breathe and all the important things work; just tired and sore feet sometimes. After this month; my bloodwork will only be once a month. WOO HOOTIE! How exciting is that?

Now, for the bad news. Awful, terrible news...

My sweet dog Freeman has been diagnosed with osteosarcoma (bone cancer) and I am heart broken. He spent all this time keeping me company and now I soon have to say goodbye to him too. My heart is so broken; and I don't know what I'm going to do. I just hate the world right now; and it is so unfair. He is 8 years old, and we thought for sure we would get to enjoy at minimum another 2-4 years with him, if not more. Span is 12-14... So I'm even assuming on the low end.

You know, I have been through so much crap I really thought something good was going to happen. This was the absolute last thing I was expecting and I am so angry that I can't help him.

Here is his sweet face. My god I am going to miss him so much ... I have cried so much the past two weeks; I am questioning my sanity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, those sweet eyes! I am so very sorry, Carrie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my heart goes out to you. My little Loki kept me such good company through the beginning of all this. Dogs, well animals in general actually, are better friends than people ever will be/ There's a completely different bond there.
    Sending all my love and prayers and hugs your way!!!!!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He does look like such a sweetie! Sorry Carrie!
    Mary
    dx'd Janaury 2013
    involvement: lungs, kidney and sinus

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carrie, I'm glad your WG news is so good, but so very sorry to hear the news about your beloved Freeman. He's a beautiful dog and his sweetness comes through in the photo. I hope he is not in much pain and when the time comes, it will end whatever suffering he is enduring. Unfortunately, it will not end YOUR suffering and grief. My thoughts and prayers will be with you both.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am just so angry and heart broken. I wish I could fix him; but it's just not feasible. Animals hide their pain, and by the time they end up showing pain it's generally too late and the cancer usually spreads. My poor, sweet, noble and gentle boy does not deserve this. I am so heartbroken for me, and him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so sorry to hear about your pup. Mine have been and are so loyal and such good company when I am sick. They also keep me going because I need to feed them and take them outside.

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Hope.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really is a terrible thing to see happen and a worse thing, to have to make a decision on when or how to ease the pain of someone you love.......especially a much loved family member. I wish we could all have a magic wand for such situations.

I believe that now Freeman knows that he doesn't have to watch over you, every minute of the day, that he will be ready to go to sleep peacefully knowing that you will be alright. That doesn't mean that it will be any easier for you and my heart is aching for the three of you.

On another note - Congratulations on getting to 2.5 of pred. That is a wonderful effort, considering where we saw you 12 months ago.
    I have been trying to get to 2.5 for the last 6 months (and the drop was only from 5), but I can't seem to make it past 3mg.

I pray for you to have the strength to get through these next few days/weeks. It will be very hard and I am glad that you have Eric to support you and your cats and the aquariums, to help you find some inner peace. Please know, that you and Freeman will be in our thoughts and he will forever remain in your heart.

Give him some big, gentle, hugs from all of us.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carriej22 View Post
    I am just so angry and heart broken. I wish I could fix him; but it's just not feasible. Animals hide their pain....
    Your dog is beautifull, and has very sweet eyes indeed...
    I can understand what you're going through, I lost my 'West Highland White' Terrier Humphrey a few years ago, he also had cancer that took him away from us quite soon.

The love of an animal, especially a dog that's your best friend, means so very much!
    Wishing you a lot of strength.

Hugs and gentil kisses for Freeman.
    Living with WG/GPA since june 2010...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Carrie,
    my heart is with you. last year we lost our cat "blue". it was very painfull. we burried him in a wild place where he liked to escape to. I told him: "now you are free". my little son said: "we will miss you". we all cried. it is still bringing tears in my eyes. even now. your's dear Freeman will be free. from suffering. from pain. he will go when he knows how much you love him. he was gifted.
    Im sending you big hug
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast