Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 14 yr.old son diagnosed yesterday

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    wow, this is very impressing and encouraging ! any "tips" how you did it ?
    I second this!!!
    Experience is the only way to survive. <3 Rini Orange

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to see you on again, Rini! Going to school and having WG at the same time would eat up a huge amount of your time. And having a life, too, for that matter! There's been another thread on here recently where Dale and Kirk talk about their long drug-free remissions... I forget the name of it, though. Not sure about any "tips", though.... maybe they were just lucky.... but I do think they were both initially treated with cyclophosphamide (CTX, Cytoxan). Dale is still in remission, but I believe Kirk (me2) eventually relapsed and is on RTX now.

Carrie, I also hope your son is doing well, and we'd be glad to hear about his progress!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carrie you need to stay strong! As a son who got diagnosed at 22 my parents were my rocks. I still doubt if ill ever be able to do anything with my life but i know i can. You just have to stay positive for your son you are all he has. I am so sorry this is affecting your family too. its tough but things get better. I hope everything goes well! Just stay strong for him, you have no idea whats going through our heads as people who are actually affected and feel it everyday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carrie, my 14 year old son was just recently diagnosed with Wegeners. That's how I found you I went to google and typed in 14 year old son diagnosed with wegeners. I don't think I would have found this forum otherwise. I think we have alot in common and would like to know how he is progressing. We have just started plasma pheresis, prednasone, and rutiximab. I am on Facebook and here. Jennifer Burns Christopher on FB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum, Jennifer, and I'm so sorry for your reason for needing to be here. We would be glad to hear whatever you would like to share about your son. We have a New Member Introductions section which you can access from the main forum page. We have had people as young as your son on here who have ended up recovering nicely. We also have Rini, who posted above, who was also in her teens when diagnosed, and I think is doing pretty well. Best wishes for his recovery and getting back to a normal life for a teen. It must be a hard time for you all to go through, but chances are it will get a lot better. Here on the forum, you will feel less alone. I don't know that we have heard from Carrie for awhile, but you can always send her a private message, or hopefully she will get notification of this reply to her thread.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi - I just sent you a message on Facebook, JBC about moms of weggies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dannycraw4rd View Post
    I'm so sorry that your son is diagnosed. Well don't worry there are so many solutions of this if he really is.
    i don't think this type of comment is helpful. What do you mean??? "if he really is"? "Don't Worry!"

There is treatment for Wegs but NO solutions and no one is NOT going to worry about such a diagnosis. Also you are replying to a post several months old and that member has not been active here for several months.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    i don't think this type of comment is helpful. What do you mean??? "if he really is"? "Don't Worry!"

There is treatment for Wegs but NO solutions and no one is NOT going to worry about such a diagnosis. Also you are replying to a post several months old and that member has not been active here for several months.
    drz, this man is not a weggie. I wrote to vdub. I hope he will kick him out soon.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How dare he intrude on our forum like this. Obviously he knows nothing about Wegs, nor does he really care about it or us. It is all posturing, and he's not doing a very good job of it, either.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have read a few other posts and comments from him...and found many of them a little hard to interpret. Could it be a language issue? Could it be that english is a second language, and hence some awkward wording? By using the word solutions, maybe he means treatments, not a cure. I am just not sure, because his use of English seems a bit tenuous. And some folks are not good at expressing themselves. On the other hand ... he might just be trying to create some mayhem. When you read the comments on web pages that are unmoderated open forums, the comments are enough to make your hair stand on end. None of us (even us "honorary Weggies") need that kind of discussion. We need supportive members. I will be interested to see what happens here.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast