User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ANCA Results

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Thanks Doug. I am feeling much better today. Friday night was my first night back to work in 5 weeks and I found it very tiring but last night was much better.
    I can well imagine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil,

I hope you are feeling better also. My last results were in the 6 range and I feel great!
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy you are feeling better Phill, hope it continues
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Luck Phil, Going back to work after a 5 week period can be daunting. Listen to your body and take every chance to rest before you "hit the wall". Starting to freak a bit about the ANCA results being mentioned here. When I was diagnosed just a year ago, mine was in the 700's but has come down steadily to about 120 and shows no sign of decreasing. That said I feel good and lead a fairly normal "active" sort of life with just a few "down" days in the week. I wonder if the ANCA measurement over this side of the pond relates the same to you guys over "there"? (Please excuse my ignorance if you all burst out laughing at this statement!!) Had my 6 weekly check up on friday and still learning about MBF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geoff, don't freak out (well, not over the ANCA. Save it for something better, like finding out they're out of snickers). There are two ways of measuring the ANCA, but for the life of me I can't remember the names. One shows up as a smaller number, and the other is a ratio, like 1:520. Your 700 is probably the ratio one. My ratio one started out as like 1:125 and by last fall was something like 1:4,200. It rose steadily, despite the fact that my Wegs was increasingly under control.

My Wegs doc has done a lot of the research about the accuracy of ANCA when used to follow disease course. It's so unreliable in all but a very small number of people that he doesn't even order it for most.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ANCA is shown on the results sheet as U/ml. My C-ANCA has ranged from 1 or 0 up to the low 30's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Originally posted by Sangye]
    Geoff, don't freak out (well, not over the ANCA. Save it for something better, like finding out they're out of snickers).

Thanks for clearing that one up Sangye!! How did you know snickers were my favourite?... Here we go, back on the food trail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12