Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Little flare??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For your beautiful grandchildren you have be well... and you are.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete,do you think you may be overdueing it with the yard and walking .. maybe that's why your hips and feet hurt ?????
    I know all this rain we've had has been making me take an afternoon nap on some days, hope its nothing with you. Im going to CC on Wed. We all need to see if we can get appts the same day and go do lunch. Hope u feel better
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    Pete,do you think you may be overdueing it with the yard and walking .. maybe that's why your hips and feet hurt ?????
    I know all this rain we've had has been making me take an afternoon nap on some days, hope its nothing with you. Im going to CC on Wed. We all need to see if we can get appts the same day and go do lunch. Hope u feel better
    I don't think I'm overdoing it with the walking. I walk at a brisk pace, but I don't push. When I'm pushing, I feel like if I try to go faster, I'll be running. As for the yard work, maybe a bit, but I only work about 40 minutes out of an hour. It was easier this time because the soil was softer.

I have to set up my next appointment at Cleveland Clinic for October soon. Anybody already scheduled then?
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just coming out of a Flare myself Pete. I'm not on treatment with only RTX and Prednisone...I guess that's a new thing they are trying. Hope things get under control quick for you.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    Just coming out of a Flare myself Pete. I'm not on treatment with only RTX and Prednisone...I guess that's a new thing they are trying. Hope things get under control quick for you.
    Thanks, Bob. I wouldn't mind getting off mtx as I don't like the fatigue that comes during the couple of days after I take it.

Just started meshing the Cleveland Clinic and Ohio State medical bureaucracies. The nephrologist on the OSU team that diagnosed me oversaw my last rtx treatments, so I'm trying to connect him and Dr VF. Hope to get treated yet this month...

You OK otherwise?
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had some elevated bloodwork this last infusion. Lipase was elevated...they ordered that because I complained of some stomach discomfort after my second infusion. No idea what is going on with that yet...sounds like it might be pancreatitis...waiting to see a doc about it.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's hoping the stomach upset isn't symptomatic of something nasty...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob,
    I'm sorry that you are having stomach issues now. Did they refer you to someone there at CC for your stomach? Dr. VF sent me to a Dr. Carole Burke that seemed to be on top on things, she did an endoscopy the same day she seen me. I wish you all the best with getting to the bottom of this problem. Hope you feel well soon.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They did, but I had an appointment scheduled the same day at OSU in columbus, so I'm going with the OSU appointment. I've had pretty good luck with my OSU doctors for (other than my ER visit lol)
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw the nephrologist at OSU today. He had just gotten Dr Villa Forte's thoughts on my treatment going forward. Coming up, four rounds of rtx at 375 mg/sq meter at weekly intervals. Once the rtx starts, mtx goes away for a long time, I hope.

Symptoms have improved a little since bumping pred up to 5 mg/day. Doing well otherwise. Hope to play golf later this week if it ever stops raining (but hey, the flowers are generally going crazy)...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast