Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: coughing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I, too, have had success with propolis throat spray. There are small herbal products companies that make it, and some larger ones, too... I have bought it in the "natural foods" section of a regular grocery store, and I'm sure you can get it online. And then there is Entertainer's Secret Throat Spray, which is mostly aloe vera, which also works very well and has been used successfully by me and others on here. It is only available online, last I knew, but is easily searchable, has its own Facebook page, etc. I haven't really been using either of those lately, as my throat hasn't been as dry as it was... an improvement! I seem to be using Ricola drops occasionally now instead.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Coughing

Hi Alysia,, I hope your coughing gets better soon.

I've just started looking into the possibility that my immune disease may be Wegner's. I've had some problems with coughing for months now. I've had it bad enough to make me feel like my throat is closing up and I can't breathe. When my husband is with me, he coaches me through it. It seems to be worse when I am talking or in a place full of people. I'd like to try Propolis. I use Halls cough drops, sometimes 3-5 at a time, along with liquids. Reclining also worsens it, specially when I lay down on my mountain of pillows to sleep. I have some problems with my throat that the docs are still looking into. I don't know if the immune suppressants make it better or not.

I hope you improve and if you find something that works, let us know.
    take it easy.

Hope

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Alysia, you poor thing.

Like Hope, my cough is really only after talking a lot or in a crowded place where you have to try and yell to be heard.

I'm sorry the RTX hasn't fixed everything, but those throat sprays sound like they could work.

Has your doc suggested anything for it?
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Has your doc suggested anything for it?
    Hi, thanks. my lungs doc suggested more antibiotics. Im not sure it can help or make more damage. Im still hoping that the RTX will continue "fixing" things because my WG doc said that the most improvement is about to come between 2 to 4 months after the IV.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Hi, thanks. my lungs doc suggested more antibiotics. Im not sure it can help or make more damage. Im still hoping that the RTX will continue "fixing" things because my WG doc said that the most improvement is about to come between 2 to 4 months after the IV.
    Hi Alysia. Has your lung doc motivated his advice? Has he pointed out what he expects from the antibiotics?
    Since your cough is not 'productive', and the x-ray showed nothing 'new' in your lungs, I wonder if another antibiotic is the solution.
    It seems to me, the tissue of your throat and/or windpipe is irritated for some reason.
    Maybe a 'scope'-investigation of the throat will show if the tissue is irritated or damaged?

Good luck with finding the right solution for this coughing-thing. I can understand that it's very annoying...
    Living with WG/GPA since june 2010...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because of the 'nature' of WG, the cough is one thing the docs can only guess at right now. There is the drip for those of us with messed up sinuses...nothing works there. There is the dry and irritated throat...sprays and drops help...antibiotics do NOT. I use a spray, eat lots of sugarless Ricola, drink lots of water, eat some soft foods that help coat the irritated areas...nothing works. If the docs say they can fix it, they're wrong...I've been looked at by the best of ENTs, Pulmy, Rheumy...nothing. For many of us, it is simply a reminder that we are indeed still sick and it ain't going away...sorry, not being curmudgeonly, just honest. To this extent, my cough has lessened over the last few months (nearly 2 years from dx), but it hasn't gone away, and pops up at curious times...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12