Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trach/Bronch Question

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    So I decided I should update my thread here. I went for a run this morning...yeah that's right a run. Not going to win any races, but at least I don't get so out of breath now.

So I have to say that the cryo-ablation was a rousing success. Not sure how long it will last, but I've had a few months now without my annoying rattle and cough.

That whole collapsing lung part was weird. I'd say scary, but it was more like surreal. Anyway folks I think about you alot, but I don't always do so good anymore with keeping up on things.

Bob, can you explain what this cryo-ablation thing is?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Bob, can you explain what this cryo-ablation thing is?
    Cryoablation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The procedure uses cold to destroy tissue. I think there was a discussion on here not too long ago regarding this.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My memory was jogged.......thanks Cindy.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    Cryoablation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The procedure uses cold to destroy tissue. I think there was a discussion on here not too long ago regarding this.
    That's it They use a very cold rod that causes frost bite (basically) to the area. The tissue then flakes away. The issue I had was that I had some swelling as well as a bit of clotting combined with thick mucus that clogged that bronch. I was kind of touch and go for about 2 weeks but once that cleared up I'm breathing more or less normal again.

The pulmy did say this is not a permanent fix, but it should last a while.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been wondering about you. Glad to hear you're doing better.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Been wondering about you. Glad to hear you're doing better.
    Other than work stress things are going well right now. Just trying to keep work in perspective.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    So following this last cold I'm having issues with my breathing again. I keep getting mucus buildup in my bad Bronchial tubes. I'm 95% sure that the lung itself is clear now, and this is coming from that area. Basically every 5-10 minutes I'll start weezing again until I cough up some white/clear mucus and then I'm fine again for a bit. My gut tells me the wegs is active in that area again, but it might just be irritation caused by the cold in theory. I'm currently in a "minor" flare that appears to be controlled by my increased Prednisone. Just wondering what other's experience with airways was if this is that or just the leftovers of the cold and I'm taking forever to kick the rest of the issue.
    I am wondering if using a flutter valve might help you get more of the mucous out when you cough??
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've used it when I was congested and it does indeed help. I've had kind of cruddy breathing my whole life so I've always dealt with congestion, but not being able to bring everything up reasonably fast is the challenge now

Starting week 3 of running. My legs hate me, but breathing is getting exercised so I'm pretty happy there.

Have been reducing prednisone, and I've made it back to my wall I hit at about 6 where I suddenly have fatigue mid-afternoon.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has been a few months since this last post but I have the same issues it seems. I have a few nodules in one lung but the main bronchial airway began scarring closed. Doctors in Pittsburgh said lets do a stent. Bad idea. 17 Months and 20 bronchoscopies later I have a stent that is embedded and cannot be removed and the scarring is now worse as it is attacking the stent. I don't know what to do. Doctors are useless in ideas to help slow the scarring so I have a "surgery" every 6-8 weeks now to open it back up and lazer out the scar tissue. If this is happening to you.. DO NOT do a stent. Good luck. Velma

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got in for another Bronch yesterday, I swear I manage to forget how crappy my breathing is afterwards in between. A little afraid I'm gonna have that airway close off again. I figure if I make it through the night tonight I should be fine but definitely coughing up a ton of junk and that side is hating me at the moment. The damage leave no cilia so phlegm stops when it hits that point in the airway. Then I weaze again until I cough it up. On the bright side I felt great breathing-wise all Summer.
    ~ Bob

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast