Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trach/Bronch Question

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So talked to Dr Villa Forte this morning and she's not happy that the Cryo was done, so she wants me to go back to the CC Pulmy. I guess it never got communicated to her that this was being considered. So this probably is NOT something we want to do
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Bob...... You were not put completely out for this? Where was this plug located? It must have been a big one if the suction would not get it out.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So did Dr. Villa Forte say why the Cryo is not a good thing to have done?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No but I see her and the other Pulmy at CC next week.

Yeah, the previous two times the twilighting knocked out all the memories, this time I was semi-aware for the whole thing. The nurse was holding my hand becaue I was clenching up my fists so tight lol.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so sorry Bob you were not put out completely.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SO back to Cleveland on Thursday, and a Bronch up there on Friday. Third in two weeks...kinda getting old lol.

I'm kind of unsure what to feel about the situation. I thought all my Doctor's were talking, but obviously they were not. The Pulmy I have in Columbus, is literally one of if not the best in Columbus, but I'm sure he doesn't see as many Weg's patience as they do in Cleveland. I'm somewhat defensive that they give him a bit of respect, but on the other hand I feel like he thought he was good enough that he didn't feel he needed to ask any questions of Cleveland. Ironically, kind of feel like his skill was a bit of a detriment in this case potentially. But he's a nice guy and so unassuming that he doesn't strike me that way.

Sorry rambling...aggravated about the situation a little and about the number of procedures I've had to go through due to this last flare up.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the end of the day we need to make sure our docs are communicating with one another when it is needed. After all, we are the boss and need to make sure that what needs to be done is being done.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turns out Dr Villa Forte thought I said it was done by a GI doc. I was still hopped up on the meds when I called so I'm not sure if I said that or not...lol. Anyway the pulmy at CC said they do in fact use Cryo for scar removal on Weggies. So It seems a lot of the concern over the past week was unnecessary. I do have a plan going forward regarding communication though
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I decided I should update my thread here. I went for a run this morning...yeah that's right a run. Not going to win any races, but at least I don't get so out of breath now.

So I have to say that the cryo-ablation was a rousing success. Not sure how long it will last, but I've had a few months now without my annoying rattle and cough.

That whole collapsing lung part was weird. I'd say scary, but it was more like surreal. Anyway folks I think about you alot, but I don't always do so good anymore with keeping up on things.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    So I decided I should update my thread here. I went for a run this morning...yeah that's right a run. Not going to win any races, but at least I don't get so out of breath now.

So I have to say that the cryo-ablation was a rousing success. Not sure how long it will last, but I've had a few months now without my annoying rattle and cough.

That whole collapsing lung part was weird. I'd say scary, but it was more like surreal. Anyway folks I think about you alot, but I don't always do so good anymore with keeping up on things.

I'm glad the reason you're not on here a lot is that you're out running and living your life, and not because you don't feel well enough… Great to hear that things are looking better and you're breathing easier. Breath is good.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast