Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trach/Bronch Question

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    I'm kind of miserable today. They did the Bronch yesterday and used Cryo ablation on some scar tissue that was causing shortness of breath. But of course that whole area is inflamed today so hard to breath on the left side today. Was wheezing so bad in my sleep that the noise woke me up. They told me I'd have a couple days of worse breathing...so nothing unexpected, but man the breathing sucks today
    I am sorry Bob. I hope you will breath better soon
    can I ask, please, what is "cryo ablation" ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically they froze scar tissue to get it to come free from the airway.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    I'm kind of miserable today. They did the Bronch yesterday and used Cryo ablation on some scar tissue that was causing shortness of breath. But of course that whole area is inflamed today so hard to breath on the left side today. Was wheezing so bad in my sleep that the noise woke me up. They told me I'd have a couple days of worse breathing...so nothing unexpected, but man the breathing sucks today
    Bob, what is Cryo ablation? My scar tissue is mostly in the left lung in the second and third branches.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See above

My lung issue was all scar tissue in the left main bronch. On the bright side he said the damage was all older so nothing new from this latest round. Which I find a little weird as I had a bunch of breathing problems lately, but maybe I'm super-sensitive to anything in that airway now.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So after freezing they cut the scar tissue out?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, as i understand it the tissue comes away from the Bronch similar to frostbite on fingers. They said they use this because laser ablation causes more damage and scarring in the long run with Wegs.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna have to ask my new doc about this then.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a rough day this morning. Woke up and had lost all airway to my left side. Lung had a partial collapse so got to go back in for the second Bronch in three days. Mucus plug at the inflamation was the culprit. Feel a bunch better after they cleared it.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes Bob..... How the heck did the doc get it out? Do you have a lot of mucus that comes up each day? Do you find it hard to cough it up? I find it hard to cough up the mucus each day. Today was a hard day. Spent 4 hours nebulizing saline and coughing trying to get out mucus plugs. I think most of my plugs are in the larynx and sit at the sides of the vocal cords, but I am not certain about this. If that was the case then they would be formed, most likely, from the mucus from the post nasal drip. I think I also get plugs from the lungs as well Because sometimes I feel something big coming up then when it hits the larynx I can barley breath, then it comes up and is a large piece the size of a marble or bigger.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually asked the Pulmy about the mucus thing. He said two things. 1) Inflamation can cause extra mucus, so that probably impacts us when flaring. 2) We constantly produce mucus in our lungs. We have cilia in our lungs that actively push the mucus up and out. But if you get airway damage the cilia get destroyed and mucus stops it's upward path and accumulates necessitating the coughing to clear it. That cleared up a ton for me

They had to go back in with another bronchoscopy. They tried to clear it with suction but that didn't work, they ended up using the cryo tool and getting it to freeze to it and yanked it out. They gave me less drugs this time so I was more aware of the process so it was a bit more unpleasant.
    ~ Bob

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast