Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are looks everthing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can totally relate. I look perfectly normal except for slight puffiness from the high dose of steroids Returning to work after 3 months was hell. I had my lund removed, and dealt with unimaginable pain (still do) and coworkers kept telling me how i look fine. I was so angry. I didn't want to talk about what I had just gone through with the surgery and my recent diagnosis of Wegener's... people can be so UGHHH sometimes. Even my doctors day it.. oh you look great.. you will be fine soon. ugh SHUT UP I AM NOT FINE!!! lmao Please know that you look fabulous but we know the inner pain your going through. STAY STRONG!!!
    official diagnosis: January 2013
    "What didn't kill me has only made me stronger."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is that when people say this they are trying to make you feel better. I mean that and our disease is annoying int that unless you are flaring pretty good you look generally "ok". Of course being the bearer of this fine condition we never feel as good as we used to seemingly so it's aggravating when people make those comments.

Actually I have felt pretty good on a few occasions so I guess in theory I should say 'never'.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually feel pretty good lately a good part of the time. So if I can say I feel good, I guess it is OK for people to tell me I look good. But I still have bad days. I think people are not only trying to make us feel better, but also to tell themselves that we must be pretty much OK so they don't have to worry about us so much. I agree it is annoying for them to be so cut and dried about it, not understanding how complicated and variable the disease and the treatments are, and that we are not always feeling the same from one day to the next. Sometimes the least stressful tactic for us is to just roll with it rather than trying to explain.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12