Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Abiding by the rules of engagement on this forum I can at least mention the incident that happened to me without "upsetting" anyone.

It happened 5 years ago when I was first diagnosed and my second day in hospital. I was taken to one of the operating theatres to get prepped up for my plasmepheris treatment. Basically a very large tube was inserted into a major artery in my kneck and over the following days, my blood was spun out of my body and all the "nasty" cells removed. (I think thats right!)

Anyway I was laying on the slab and all I had was a local aneasthetic into my neck. I could hear them rummaging for a certain knife to cut my throat (sounds a bit dramatic but thats what it entailed). To say I was nervous would be an understatement and I glanced across to where the surgeon was standing. Suddenly he seemed to melt into a blinding light which infussed into the room and basically "whitened" it all out. I suddenly felt totally calm and even managed a smile and joked with the staff about the knives.

That was the start of what has been a life affirming event which has helped me enormously thru my Wegs Life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hesitated about writing my story, I wrote it here yesterday but with second thought Im deleting it. sorry for the burden...
    Last edited by Alysia; 06-01-2013 at 02:59 PM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definately believe there is life after death.When my father passed away,my mother had given me some of his pajama tops that I slept in some nights. But every morning while taking a shower getting ready for work I would break down in tears. I thought I was going to have a breakdown. One day I decided to take his pajamas and put them on top of my closet. While on the chair, I felt a hand on my shoulder,my hair on my neck stood up and I turned really cold. All I could do is say Dad ? and I looked around a saw a perfect figure of a short man wearing a hat and a longer jacket shaking is head no walking out my bedroom door.I was in such shock I couldn't do or say anything for a minute but when I went to look for him he was gone. And since that day I never cried over my father. Strange but true !!!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are interesting stories, and the thread is Angels, so I think they are appropriate. Alysia, I read yours, and am having trouble remembering the details, but am not so sure there was anything "wrong" with it, as far as the forum rules. I think if anyone was offended they would have said so. I know you mentioned one of your religious holidays, but I don't think that in itself is a big deal. It is more of a problem when people try to tell other people to believe something according to religious scripture or thought. These kinds of things can happen to anyone whether they are religious or not. So don't worry too much, Alysia, and Debra, I enjoyed the story about your dad.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, Anne.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Gwen

Sorry to jump into this thread, but I don't seem to be able to post anywhere else.

There's a Vaculitis UK support group meeting in Llantrisant this Saturday, if you're interested. As it covers Vasculitis in general, they'll probably talk about more than just WG, but the last one I went to was a good day out. Details are in the link below

South Wales Vasculitis Support Group Meeting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12