Thread: Life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Life

Hi guys,

Sorry haven't posted for a while. Please forgive me.

I feels so exhausted and isolated lately. I say lately, but for the past few years my health is just in constant decline.

I've got the joint pain in some control (i'm on anti TNF therapy), and i've recently started IG infusions. The side effects of these meds alone are horrendous, and the other day I lay in bed wondering if I was going to die.

My lungs feel constantly sore, my body aches, and today I just feel beyond exhausted. I don't know how much longer I can fight it. I just feel wrecked.

I keep thinking about things, and I don't know, I just feel a bit down tonight I suppose.

My daughter this time last year, sustained serious burns, and I guess that is weighing heavily on my mind too.

Sometimes I wonder what life is all about.

(Sorry for being so miserable tonight).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gwenllian111 View Post
    Sometimes I wonder what life is all about.(Sorry for being so miserable tonight).
    Life is about what and who we are while alive...as for misery, you have plenty of company...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Gwen,

So sorry to read your posting and feel your pain. You have so many friends here so please dont feel isolated. We know how much of a roller coaster life can be, with or without Wegs so please hang in there and tough this dip out.

Have you spoken to your consultant about things? What Meds are they putting your way?

About a year ago I was convinced that I was going to 'check out' and got in a real pit of despair, fortuantely Addenbrookes have councellors who were fantastic and sorted my 'brain' out. The next thing was a significant change in Meds and so far it has been good.

Please take up the fight or else I shall be forced to drive up the M4 and give you a right old telling off!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha true. I will sort myself out by the morning i'm sure.

X

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope you are feeling better! We all have these days and hope talking about it and knowing you aren't alone helps.
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got my "WG: The roller coaster ride from hell" t-shirt off zazzle today. Seems fitting... sigh Get better soon.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gwen, that's why we are here, to listen to what you are going through. Your pain and med side effects are worse than anything I'm experiencing, so I can only imagine, and wish I could absorb some of it for you. And the memories of your daughter's accident can't help... how is she doing today?

We all have those times where things just don't make sense and seem too hard to deal with, so we understand.I hope things feel and seem better soon.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gwen, you know we are all here for you.

I'm so sorry that things have become so painful.

As for what your life is about ........ well you just mentioned one of the things that is your life......your daughter.
    In fact your three gorgeous daughters.
    Give them a big cuddle each day and smile as they try to soothe your pains away.

I hope things start to get better for you soon
    .......don't want Geoff driving up there, do we
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope things get better for you soon Dee x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry you are feeling down...to echo everyone else, just remember we are here for you. I know that it isn't the same as having "in person" support, but I hope we can provide some comfort.
    ~ Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast