User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three Years Today

rif Guest

My son passed his four year anniversary since official diagnosis in march, like annekat not counting the months leading up to this time.

Rif

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...how'd I miss this. I blame Pred.. I'm following up about a month behind you Marta .

It still feels new a lot of the time. I'm still trying to get my feet for how to deal with the doctors at times.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow where did those last 5 years and one month go!! Lets see....oh yes taking drugs by the bucket full, duvet days, hospital visits, sleeping, aching, moaning (ha ha) and getting on with MY LIFE!!

Yes you are right Marta, life will never be the same but I am blessed to have 'met' so many great people thru this site (Thanks again Andrew) it has been an amazing roller coaster and made me realise just how lucky I am, yes Lucky!

I know what things in Life really matter and the true 'worth' of 'things', top of the list (apart from family of course) is friends. All of you!!!

Thanks Marta and so many others for lighting up my life, being inspirational and not letting me wallow in self pity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love you guys! Really.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has been quite the adventure the last three years for many of us it seems. Three years I left the inpatient hospitals for three months in a nursing home. I had improved enough so my survival wasn't the question anymore, it was wondering what kind of life I would have and how much I could recover. Would I ever be able to walk again without a walker? Would I ever get out of the nursing home? Those were the questions. Three years ago my goal was to be able to get out bed into a wheel chair and make it to the toilet 10 feet away by myself. Fortunately things did get better and life seems so much better now as I am living alone in my own apartment in a light assisted living complex where I get by OK. I was the only one on my nursing home ward that ever left alive. My life is a lot different now than before the Wegs got me but i am happy as too how much I did manage to recover and am hoping for many more good years ahead too. It has been great watching many fellow travelers on the same journey and also sharing in their recovery and successes as we struggle here together to rebuild our lives after Wegs. And to be able to share the bad days and down times with others who REALLY understand our struggles. Thanks to you all! Lets celebrate we are alive and still here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    It has been quite the adventure the last three years for many of us it seems. Three years I left the inpatient hospitals for three months in a nursing home. I had improved enough so my survival wasn't the question anymore, it was wondering what kind of life I would have and how much I could recover. Would I ever be able to walk again without a walker? Would I ever get out of the nursing home? Those were the questions. Three years ago my goal was to be able to get out bed into a wheel chair and make it to the toilet 10 feet away by myself. Fortunately things did get better and life seems so much better now as I am living alone in my own apartment in a light assisted living complex where I get by OK. I was the only one on my nursing home ward that ever left alive. My life is a lot different now than before the Wegs got me but i am happy as too how much I did manage to recover and am hoping for many more good years ahead too. It has been great watching many fellow travelers on the same journey and also sharing in their recovery and successes as we struggle here together to rebuild our lives after Wegs. And to be able to share the bad days and down times with others who REALLY understand our struggles. Thanks to you all! Lets celebrate we are alive and still here!
    You really are an inspiration drz! Truly!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Marta,
    Well done, first year or two can be difficult, but leads to better things, you have a bit of catching up to do with me at 17 years, and believe it or not I consider myself Lucky, Lucky to survive with a reasonable good life,Lucky to have met the right Dr. at the right time, Lucky to have 2 great supportive sisters,Lucky to be in full remission 15 years> Lucky to have found this site and all the rest of you great survivors.
    And last but not least Lucky to have the Internet,as when I was first diagnosed ,I did not have a computer and it was another 6 years,and boy it has open up the world to me and the knowledge I have gained about my health unbelieveable.
    Good Luck Marta

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12