Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three Years Today

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Three Years Today

Three years ago today I got a name for the beast within.

As all of you know, there's been some great lows and some equally great highs during the journey thus far. Quite something aint it?

I've learned so much, I feel quite confident having some verbal WG judo with some docs, never thought I'd know more than a doctor about anything health related, but here we are.

I've also met some fantastic people, and people in my town especially (and I'm working on making it in every town in the Western World) have gone through a learning curve along with me. I can say with certainty that my town is probably the most aware town in the world when it comes to autoimmune disease.

I just got a sponsor for our next PJ Day event and our new fledgling foundation. Mobil 1 will be our sponsor and it seems like we will be getting a huge financial infusion next PJ Day. We also have sponsorship from a car dealership so next year you'll see pictures of our PJ wrapped special events car. We have the support of one of the three big media outlets in Canada and I'm working on a contest that will hopefully get everyone talking about autoimmune disease.

This disease absolutely changed my life. The last three years have been absolutely amazing, and it's been mostly good amazing. Once over the initial shock and having to deal with the 'not dying part', it's been pretty darn good.

Thanks to you all for being my support net and the gang I've vented to, freaked out at, and used as my stone of Gibraltar

THANK YOU.
    Last edited by marta; 05-10-2013 at 05:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YAY Marta.

Not YAY, that you had to even find a name for the beast but YAY that you have survived and will survive, and continue to be Awesome.

Not only have you brought awareness to your own town, but have also taught us a thing or two.......or three

I hope this year continues to be a terrific one for you
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marta, you have been a source of strength and inspiration to all of us. You have made the best of a bad situation, not only for yourself but for all of us and people with AI diseases around the world, through your awareness-raising efforts. The energy you manage to summon up, despite having Wegs and the responsibility of raising a daughter, is remarkable. Happy 3 year anniversary, if the word happy can apply! I hope you can celebrate by getting in some great spring skiing.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Martha,
    yes. WG changed our life. not only for bad.
    there are some benefits of having WG. the most important one is being a member in this forum.
    your store is great ! so funny ! and true !
    who created it ? the pictures ? the ideas ?
    I love it.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't time fly when you have as much fun as this!

I am coming up to my 4th anniversary but being treated for my second flare. Life has certainly never been the same since my diagnosis with some disappointing restrictions on what I can do now compared to what I could do before WG.

I think I speak for everyone on this forum in thanking you for your enthusiasm and associated efforts - it is an inspration for us all. In my case I get very envious of your skiing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 years for me. Think I will do a double sub, Neph/Pulmo.......lol. I've already done the residency.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Marta, 1 year for me, and I am now back at work full time. This involves 4 days 8 till 8 4 days off and 4 nights 8 till 8. I am so happy to have managed this but your inspirational achivements are truly amazing. Keep up the good work and NEVER, EVER give in to this awful illness.
    Michael Bell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two years for me, not counting the time I wasn't dx'ed..... My, time flies when we are having fun!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my "resume":
    next septemeber it will be 5 years for the acute onset.
    diagnosis was in october (by old and wise lungs doc) although for about half year after that, there was a question if it isnt WG, because of 2 false negative nose biopsies.
    but it started years before: fatigue, joints pain, coughing, runny nose. skin rash, ears problems.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Hi Martha,
    yes. WG changed our life. not only for bad.
    there are some benefits of having WG. the most important one is being a member in this forum.
    your store is great ! so funny ! and true !
    who created it ? the pictures ? the ideas ?
    I love it.
    The t-shirts and merchandise was a communal effort, but as I look back on the thread (http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...t-ideas-2.html) I see that I haven't made many of those, I know there is another thread that I used a bunch of stuff from, but I can't find it, I think it has a different thread title. Maybe one night when I can't sleep I'll make some new ones and put them there. If you have something you'd like to see, post it up here and I'll try and make some when I have some time. It's a fun creative vent.

Thanks to you all for your kind words. What a phenomenal group of people here. I'm really blessed to be part of the gang. As I go back through my posts, I really am reminded of how many crazy places you've all pulled me through, and am reminded of how insane this thing we have is as there are four people from this forum that I knew at the start and they are no longer with us.

I feel like I've gone through boot camp with so many of you on here, which means that you'll forever hold a special place in my heart.

Thanks again, and I'll let you know when I make a few more t-shirt's et al.

Peace and big love.

marta

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast