Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Kid on the Block from NY

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile New Kid on the Block from NY

Hola Peeps! Took a while to admit that I really have this. I had a cold in November that wouldn't go away... and by January I had to have my lung removed from infection......ALL because of this wonderful illness I did not know I had and I know nothing about...... STILL CONFUSED but alive
    My steroid dose is going down WAHOO and the Rituxamab treatments helped. I am a teacher so my students are my sunshine, but I feel like I've lost myself in all of this. Am I crazy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the club. Sorry you've had such an awful experience with wegs. The people on this forum are wonderfully supportive and have a lot of experience with the disease and its treatments. Don't be afraid to ask questions - someone will be able to give advice or have a good answer.

Good luck and better health!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hola Meode...welcome to the biggest little club in the world! Sounds as if you've been hit pretty hard by WG. We all have varying degrees of WG on here with lots of experience, knowledge, and compassion. As Pete pointed out, please ask any and all questions, contribute what you've learned, and share in the discussions as you see fit...there's always someone around with whom to share. Best to you.

PS: you're not crazy...just a Weggie!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Meode........I'm glad you can join us, but sorry that you had too.

I love Don's comment - you're not crazy.....just a weggie!
    Couldn't have said it better myself............well, maybe just a little crazy

Wow, a lung removed - that there is crazy.
    I'm glad you are starting to feel a little better.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..I'm glad you can join us, but sorry that you had too. Well said. glad you survived the initial treatment. Things do then generally gets better but it can take some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Meode.
    welcome to the best forum in the world. this is a home for us, weggies. the amazing people here helps me so much, I cant imagine survivng WG physically and mentally without this place.
    you are a teacher - thats nice. how old are your pupils ? do they know about your illness ?
    I like you style of writing. and I also cant bear seeing anymore docs, but I dont have a choice
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, Meode! I'm sorry you had to lose a lung over this, but glad the treatments are helping, and no, you aren't crazy! I agree with Alysia that it would hard to imagine life without this forum, and I'm very glad you have found it and joined it! I look forward to hearing more from you.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Meode - welcome to the forum <3

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THANK YOU ALL! It is a blessing to have you and this forum. The past 6 months have been hell and confusing... I have one Iron lung left and I won't let this take a kidney cause my students will lose their mind. I was out of work for 3 months and when I returned I was honest with my kiddies about what happened and how things were going to be different. They were upset when I didn't return after Christmas break and upset/happy when I returned Going back to work was the BEST thing. I COULD NOT deal with being home and letting my mind go wild~! Work is exhausting and I CANNOT DEAL WITH THE "NEUROPOTHY" FEELING IN ONE OF MY FEET!!!!. sooo frustrating!!! As a new "Weggie", I am happy to be here!!!!!!!!! <3
    official diagnosis: January 2013
    "What didn't kill me has only made me stronger."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast